• Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Kodjia (Wesley 71)
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 78)
    • Nyland (Heaton 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/20 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ugly wins is still wins. Yet again not convincing, but right now all that matter is 3 points.

villa - bur.jpg

Did you watch the first half? We were bossing the game. Second half not so much, but I think injuries from the hour mark made tactical substitutions difficult 

• Like 1

Mings bring back was huge today! Not Wesleys biggest fan but he was excellent today and now I’m preying the injury isn’t a bad one. At least it’s more likely we will buy a striker in January because Kodja is awful 

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

What that doesn’t show is 10 of their shots were aimless hacks from 30 yards. 

Absolutely, we bossed the first half, weathered the storm after the first 15 mins in the second half but continued to look dangerous and we should really have scored another one at least.

But then, that’s what happens when you follow football by stats instead of watching the pissing matches.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

What that doesn’t show is 10 of their shots were aimless hacks from 30 yards. 

Yep, I think 2nd half I particular you look at how much bad possession Burnley had, we had good shape and gave them very little to aim at

If you look at the chances and misses in the game you'd say Rodriguez had the one for them, we had Luiz, kodjia square ball for a goal, Luiz should have put Wes in, Wes had the one at the keeper and the disallowed goal

I think it was actually more comfortable than the stats and our own nerves led us to believe, Burnley didn't and couldn't just throw the ball in the mixer and unsettle us, back 3 were too good for that 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So? Are we just gonna keep the opposition having free shots then and hope they miss?

How about we don't allow them to shoot in the first place?

Honestly Burnley were chancing a lot of those shots. They played poorly and if we were midtable and away from danger we wouldn't have been so nervous either. Burnley played crap and the home crowd saw the same. We weren't excellent but we were the better team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So? Are we just gonna keep the opposition having free shots then and hope they miss?

How about we don't allow them to shoot in the first place?

You can’t stop teams shooting from stupid places....I’m happy for them to shoot from there if it means they aren’t  making a great pass for somebody to slot home.  It’s also means we are making sure they have no options which is good defending.

• Like 2

Ref was suspect, bs goal to give up. 

Well done to the team. Defense and our two CMs played hard. Probably Luiz best game for us. Definitely Wes' best game, need to find him more often. 

The injuries hurt. Watching Kodjia play that second half shows why Wes starts every game. Hope Heats is ok.

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I think it was pretty convincing, whatever the stats say.

Not sure I agree.

We absolutely bossed it in the first half, and they ran out of ideas towards the end, but they missed some sitters that Heaton was nowhere near. It wasn't just pot shots from range, they created plenty but just couldn't hit the target.

That one wide of the post from about 3 yards out, for example. Thought they should have scored 2 in the first 15 of the second half.

If you can't hit the target you don't deserve the points, but it didn't feel comfortable to me in the second half.

• Like 2

Dear Premier League and beyond,

If you want Jack Grealish please have at £130million of your English Pounds ready. We’ll weigh it up and end buying your best players instead.

Also VAR kindly f ... off. I mean that in most horrible way possible.

thanks. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Not second half, highly disagree.

1st half was good though.

We boxed them out pretty good I thought. They resorted to a lot of horizontal and backward passes and you could hear the boos.

We were worse second half but I think the injury to Wes had a big impact on that. We had some really dangerous chances in the 2nd too.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Not sure I agree.

We absolutely bossed it in the first half, and they ran out of ideas towards the end, but they missed some sitters that Heaton was nowhere near. It wasn't just pot shots from range, they created plenty but just couldn't hit the target.

That one wide of the post from about 3 yards out, for example. Thought they should have scored 2 in the first 15 of the second half.

If you can't hit the target you don't deserve the points, but it didn't feel comfortable to me in the second half.

The end didn't feel comfortable, but that would be too much to ask. Convincing taking into account it was a one goal win.

Â