• Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Kodjia (Wesley 71)
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 78)
    • Nyland (Heaton 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/20 at 23:59

Grateful for the points in what was the Jack  Grealish show. Without him we would not get another point. Usual terrible second half performance. Codger did the impossible and was worse than Wesley. Both need to be unloaded as soon as possible. Not convinced at all by the managers performance, or Wesleys. 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So? Are we just gonna keep the opposition having free shots then and hope they miss?

How about we don't allow them to shoot in the first place?

villalad21 - are you a troll bot? I can't believe you would find negativity in our first win in months?

21 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I’ll make a proper post later on, but more importantly wishing a speedy recovery to both Wesley and Heaton. Both looked like serious injuries that could end both of their seasons. Such a shame as they were both fantastic today. 

Wesley 'fantastic',? He was ordinary as usual and did his best to miss the chance that resulted in his goal.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Livid with VAR and nearly spoiled my enjoyment, but we played really well and stepped up massively from a very dark place. Signs we have some spirit and want to stay in this division, and Nyland looked as cool as the Liverpool Cup match - great to see. Hope we sign Vida for a five-at-the-back set up, looks to be the solution.

Hard to see how bad Wes and Heaton are as the 'injuries' looked innocuous, fingers crossed.

Well done everyone!

Edited by thunderball

I've spent a week piling crisps, booze, cheese, turkey, roast potatoes, chips, chocolate, more cheese and cake. My arteries could do without that second half.

A brilliant three points; great to win away, Grealish was excellent, our plan worked a treat and we'll benefit massively from the bit of confidence it brings.

Costly though with both Wesley and Heaton injured. We need to go big and early in the window.

• Like 4

Very badly needed 3 points and a really good first half.

Changes worked and in the first half there were some really positive stuff. Second half was much worse but it all worked out.

Not going to read too much into this performance. It was one game and Burnley played like they've come straight from the new years party in the first half. We won't face this bad opposition often.

We are still overly reliant on Grealish and some of our players like Kodjia and Trezeguet are clearly not good enough.

Even before the injury to Wesley we need a upgrade on the attacking and wide positions and it's even more pressing now.

And even with these 3 points our position is dire. Hopefully we'll have some incoming transfers really soon.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darth Villa said:

Can anyone confirm this claim about ACL injuries to both players?

No. They probably won't have been scanned until tomorrow, anything before the club statement is speculation.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Smith deserves the plaudits for this one.

I don't agree.  All he did today was make the formation change most fans have been calling for for the last 3 months.

If we could see going to 3/5 at the back would make a difference, it taking him so long to try it isn't a positive move for me.

We still look awful on corners and free kicks and cbs still look poor aerially.  This is down to the coaching.

Hopefully he sticks with this shape and gets someone in to address set piece coaching along with a few more attacking options in jan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

One other thing, seeing Westwood was a great thing. Reminded me why I had no time for him in a Villa shirt. Does nothing going forward, doesn't do enough defensively and his set piece deliveries are generally poor. 

But...but...he keeps things ticking over!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've spent a week piling crisps, booze, cheese, turkey, roast potatoes, chips, chocolate, more cheese and cake. My arteries could do without that second half.

A brilliant three points; great to win away, Grealish was excellent, our plan worked a treat and we'll benefit massively from the bit of confidence it brings.

Costly though with both Wesley and Heaton injured. We need to go big and early in the window.

Made oi larf.

But, when (if) you rewatch it, it will look much less tense and actually be seen for a decent defensive showing (not magnificent, but decent) against a strong home side.

Things we learnt today:

Wesley is better than Kodjia.

3 at the back is good.

Mings is still good, despite his dip in form prior to injury.

Jack Grealish is incredibly good (although we already knew that).

• Like 1

Â