• Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Kodjia (Wesley 71)
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 78)
    • Nyland (Heaton 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/20 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, Graham t said:

No , ex professional centre forward who understands what is required from a striker. What are your credentials?

Thierry? I didn’t realise you were a Villa fan. What’s the Renault clio like? 

• Haha 1

Well, an away win again at last, and 3 points is the best way to start a new year. 
I thought the 3 centre backs made a real difference to the way we played and suited playing against Burnley. Taylor and Guilbert had more room to get forwards and we were afforded more safety at the back.

First half Villa were as good as Burnley were poor, and it was very one-sided. 2 really well taken goals and one awful, inexcusable VAR decision. There is no way that is clear and obviously offside, and we’ve gained no advantage from it whatsoever especially as Wesley didn’t even score the goal. 

Second half Villa dropped off in intensity and Burnley were much improved. We are still conceding far too many shots and on another day Burnley would’ve taken their chances. 

Both injuries killed Villa’s momentum and I don’t think the players wanted to be on the pitch after seeing a serious injury to not one but two players. Credit to them for holding on and staying focused enough to see the game out in the end. 

Good performances today from Grealish especially, also Luiz, Mings and Hause were particularly strong in my eyes. Wesley worked incredibly hard and was looking confident after his goal. Not sure about Trez today, he seemed a little lost up front. 

It may be 3 points but I think those injuries leave us in a lot of trouble - we absolutely need another striker now that Wesley will likely be out for a while. Kodjia does not look like he wants to be there and we can’t rely on him and Davis alone. 

Final word goes to Dean Smith who got the tactics right today. He had his hands tied with subs but he got it right today under pressure. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

What the hell was purslow doing on the pitch at the end when he should be in buenos aires?

Show of solidarity with Deano ?

Although if it was id have preferred to see it before, rather than after the Win..

Just seen the stills of the tackle of Wesley. I won’t repost because it’s grim but can’t see him playing again this year. Hopefully Heaton isn’t as serious!

Grand win either way and please Smith changes it up. Despite our bed wetting we’re only a few points from mid table.

I watched with a type five hangover in my hotel bed in Mexico and feel vindicated for doing so!

Happy New Year everyone! Long may this continue! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Well, an away win again at last, and 3 points is the best way to start a new year. 
I thought the 3 centre backs made a real difference to the way we played and suited playing against Burnley. Taylor and Guilbert had more room to get forwards and we were afforded more safety at the back.

First half Villa were as good as Burnley were poor, and it was very one-sided. 2 really well taken goals and one awful, inexcusable VAR decision. There is no way that is clear and obviously offside, and we’ve gained no advantage from it whatsoever especially as Wesley didn’t even score the goal. 

Second half Villa dropped off in intensity and Burnley were much improved. We are still conceding far too many shots and on another day Burnley would’ve taken their chances. 

Both injuries killed Villa’s momentum and I don’t think the players wanted to be on the pitch after seeing a serious injury to not one but two players. Credit to them for holding on and staying focused enough to see the game out in the end. 

Good performances today from Grealish especially, also Luiz, Mings and Hause were particularly strong in my eyes. Wesley worked incredibly hard and was looking confident after his goal. Not sure about Trez today, he seemed a little lost up front. 

It may be 3 points but I think those injuries leave us in a lot of trouble - we absolutely need another striker now that Wesley will likely be out for a while. Kodjia does not look like he wants to be there and we can’t rely on him and Davis alone. 

Final word goes to Dean Smith who got the tactics right today. He had his hands tied with subs but he got it right today under pressure. 

Absolutely spot on. 5 at the  back is not the answer against all teams. Never want to see.kodja in a villa shirt again

I went to the game today.

Positives:

Mings back and did  excellent.

Hause was also excellent ,  its.important to recognise that we are poor at defending crosses but with hause and mings in we were much better.

Grealish is world class. Best player on the pitch by far.

Wesley did well

Trez did well. He needs to start as he offers a bit of pace and support to wes.

Burnley dont mix it up much and dean smith got it spot on with 3 centre halves

Hopefully fans will realise Kodja needs to go. Play anyone up front apart from him!

Negatives :

we just dont stop crosses coming in. Must do better

kodja

injuries

we need pace.iff the bench

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

I can’t comment on the specifics but Wesley is definitely a horrible one, worse than that Gomes injury for Everton

Yeap, seen photo's on the Wesley thread and the tackle looks horrific. VAR failing again to spot what looks a clear red card but either way we will be incredibly lucky if we see him before next season...it can only happen the Villa!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Graham t said:

Wesley 'fantastic',? He was ordinary as usual and did his best to miss the chance that resulted in his goal.....

Just home from the game and can’t disagree with you more. Wes terrorised their centre halves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozvillain said:

9 minutes!!!!!! Did it, get in. Biggest downside . Wes finally has a game where he looks the part and gets injured assaulted - you couldn’t make it up. 

FTFY

Edited by TheStagMan

Â