VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

30 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Tommy Docherty, gone at 92

RIP

He was manager when my Dad had his two trials for Villa. Said he was a character. 

• Like 2

Dawn Wells,  82, who played Mary Ann on “Gilligan’s Island.”   I don’t know if any one in the UK will have seen it, as it’s an inane comedy from the 60’s that there would have been absolutely no good reason for anybody to import.  But it’s an iconic show over here and a classic question of any male here of a certain age is, “Ginger or Mary Ann?”, referring to which of the two young females on the show you prefer.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

"Former Chelsea, Man Utd and Scotland boss", according to the BBC. 

Always the same. 

Shame as having heard him speak about Villa and the high regard he held us in I think he would have wanted to see us mentioned. 

Oh well as Rob said no surprise. 

• Like 1

No, it is no surprise seeing as it is the BBC. He kept us up for one season when Villa were in the 2nd Division. Signed Chico Hamilton and Pat McMahon and Bruce Rioch (I think). Used to come onto the pitch in a sheepskin coat and walk over to the Witton Lane stand where they sat on benches (from memory). Kids used to run on the pitch to greet him. Villa were red hot favourites to go up next season. Instead lost  0 - 1 to Norwich in the first match and spiralled down to be relegated .

"Where somebody waits for me; what's his name DOCHERTY" RIP

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Was not expecting that! How?

It's quite confused. No details as yet.

The date's being given as 31st of October, which is also odd.

His little boy died not so long ago, tragic.

• Sad 2

As said in another post. I was 10 when The Doc came to Villa Park. His office was in the Witton end in those days. His office was at the back of the Black Hole of Calcutta (the toilets)

By standing on my tip toes I could see in the windows of the building and see his name on the door. First manager Doug brought in, we must have been in second or third division in those days 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2019 at 15:08, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Jeff Hardy (Wrestler)

Paul Gascoigne (Police siege negotiator)

Bam Margera (Jackass) 

Madeline McCann ( Hide and Seek World Champion)

Jon Venables  (Murderer) 

Zero out of five.

I really didn't think Madeline would survive another year in my cellar.  

Â