VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

96 is a pretty good inning in anybodies book.

Especially when he was still as sharp as a pin.

I remember Sunday afternoons and the opening announcement...

''and from Norwich, it's the quiz of the week''

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I think if I recall they influenced the beach boys in some way. Them and Jan and Dean. 

Kingston Trio influenced Al Jardine hugely. It was his idea to cover Sloop John B.

Jan and Dean were around at the same time as The Beach Boys during the surf craze (although they were around in the late 50's as jan & Arnie"). Brian Wilson gave "Surf City"to J&D which they made into a number 1 hit.

Old Man Murry Wilson was **** livid, to put it mildly.

• Thanks 1

I must admit it was a band I couldn't get on with. I used to get them mixed up with The Three Johns purely for numerical reasons and when I have given them more investigation outside of odd singles they never did it for me. 

I did buy Entertainment as Iiked The Wedding Presents version of I found that essence rare so wanted to investigate them a little. Didn't really do much for me outside of that song and a small number of others. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I must admit it was a band I couldn't get on with. I used to get them mixed up with The Three Johns purely for numerical reasons and when I have given them more investigation outside of odd singles they never did it for me. 

I did buy Entertainment as Iiked The Wedding Presents version of I found that essence rare so wanted to investigate them a little. Didn't really do much for me outside of that song and a small number of others. 

Definitely a best of band for me. One cd does all and most of that will be on the first few albums

• Like 1

Â