VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

1 minute ago, bickster said:

From what I read it was wacking someone over the head with a lampshade whilst they were asleep, how someone doing that doesn't get charged with attempted murder is beyond me

From what I read, Aston Villa are signing Piatek from AC Milan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

From what I read, Aston Villa are signing Piatek from AC Milan.

Was that written in court documents?

The police and the CPS were going ahead with the trial despite the victim being uncooperative and not wanting the prosecution (and was seemingly still in love with her.)

Shit I know far too much about this person, that I'd nevr heard of before her death

And the idea was that it would all be tested in a trial, not through the court of public opinion on social media.

There isn’t enough evidence in the public domain to say whether she was guilty of attempted murder, GBH, ABH, assault or nothing at all.

25 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Assaulting someone is a long way from deserving to be hounded to the point of killing yourself.

She has been quite mentally unstable for a while. Multiple volatile relationships. Recently smashed her boyfriend over the head whilst he slept after she’d been through his phone.

40 is no age and clearly needed help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Exactly, there is a real lack of comprehension that some people (not all) will do awful things when they are mentally ill. We talk a good game on mental health until it gets complicated like this, and then we return to Old Testament attitudes.

As for Love Island and suicide. Clearly these people already have issues, but **** me does Love Island exploit and supercharge those problems - body dysmorphia, eating disorders, relationship anxiety, toxic attitudes to the opposite sex, entrenched ignorance, bullying, online harassment. It’s so grim.

The problem with love island is that in order to cash in on your 15 minutes of fame you have to open yourself up to being a media puppet, social media campaigns, night club circuit which often involves drink and drugs. The show itself I guess does what it can. After the show ends is when the problems start.

Im not sure what the answer is, people will want to throw money at these people which can be very hard to turn down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I knew who Harry Styles was, but I didn't know he had multiple cougars?

Tbf, I only really remember the age gap (he was 17 and Flack was 30 odd) and there being subsequent talk that she wasn't the only one of a certain (relative) age.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem with love island is that in order to cash in on your 15 minutes of fame you have to open yourself up to being a media puppet, social media campaigns, night club circuit which often involves drink and drugs. The show itself I guess does what it can. After the show ends is when the problems start.

Im not sure what the answer is, people will want to throw money at these people which can be very hard to turn down.

I agree with you.....and it's all done in the name of "entertainment" i guess 🙄

40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A shame this won't have any effect on Love Island, a **** grim show whose entire basis is asking for mental health issues.

That’s at least 3 suicides now, Jeremy Kyle was taken off the air for less. I wonder if Ofcom(?) will say until you can protect the contestants and staff properly it’s off air.

I think if Big Brother was as big now as it was it would be having the same issues. It’s the bit after the show ends that the problem. Everybody wants a piece of you, and throwing money at you, then nothing. What then? Get a proper job? It must screw with the head.

Then in a “piss you off” theme, the majority of public comments on social media are that she was hounded to death by the media. She smashed a lamp over her boyfriends head whilst he slept, do they expect it not to be reported? I think she got off fairly lightly tbh, if it was a prominent male celebrity he’d have had to go into hiding.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

As for Love Island and suicide. Clearly these people already have issues, but **** me does Love Island exploit and supercharge those problems - body dysmorphia, eating disorders, relationship anxiety, toxic attitudes to the opposite sex, entrenched ignorance, bullying, online harassment. It’s so grim.

Absolutely. Horrific TV, that whole genre. 

• Like 2

Sad news about Flack. She appeared to have it all, money, great looks and a career in TV. She obviously had demons though and it seems as though it just got too much. Definitely a victim of the nasty and cutthroat social media / reality TV world we live in today. Hopefully she has found peace at last. 

• Like 2

I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a male presenter, about to be charged with domestic violence and then took his own life? I would think it would be more along the lines of good riddance.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a male presenter, about to be charged with domestic violence and then took his own life? I would think it would be more along the lines of good riddance.

I think it would come down to how 'popular' they were? Lets say Gazza died, there would gushing comments despite knocking his wife about years ago. 

Tonight’s Love Island compilation of the week show has been pulled, no word on tomorrow’s “proper” show. Wonder if they will pull the whole thing?

Not gonna lie, I’ve watched a few of this series (yes I have a wife who watches it most nights) and what is clear is that they have spent an absolute fortune on it. 

Edited by Genie

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think you're very, very wide of the mark here tbh.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That’s at least 3 suicides now, Jeremy Kyle was taken off the air for less. I wonder if Ofcom(?) will say until you can protect the contestants and staff properly it’s off air.

I think if Big Brother was as big now as it was it would be having the same issues. It’s the bit after the show ends that the problem. Everybody wants a piece of you, and throwing money at you, then nothing. What then? Get a proper job? It must screw with the head.

I heard about the other deaths and wondered if they were linked to the inability to deal with fame or the loss of fame. 

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

And the idea was that it would all be tested in a trial, not through the court of public opinion on social media.

There isn’t enough evidence in the public domain to say whether she was guilty of attempted murder, GBH, ABH, assault or nothing at all.

This is the issue, we have taken the history of Greek Tragedy. Shakespeare and turned it from low end soap operas into taking celebrity life and turning that reality into a delusional drama.

the tabloid media combined with social media is like the Conch from Lord of the Flies and the public watch Piggy get murdered again and again and Carry on utterly oblivious. 

It’s hard because you want to continually be a voice for good but then Hartley-Brewer and her ilk will pop up and you’ll just want to close line them. 

Â