VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

14 hours ago, bickster said:

I was meaning to mention this to you anyway. Primal Scream asked AW to produce XTRMNTR but he turned them down as he didn't like the material, as told to my mate Joe at a Primals gig in Manchester RItz by AW himself

However, XTRMNTR is their best album. In my opinion at least.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

XTRMNTR

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Screamadelica

One of those two. I always find them a bit inconsistent - none of their albums for me are all bangers. They can make an epic tune, but also quite a bit of filler.

I'll get my greatcoat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

One of those two. I always find them a bit inconsistent - none of their albums for me are all bangers. They can make an epic tune, but also quite a bit of filler.

I'll get my greatcoat.

I’d happily Chuck Vanishing Point in to the mix, and both versions of Give Out (unlike some, I blwdi loves the George Clinton album)

Saying all that, my fave track of theirs is on none of those albums (it’s alright, it’s ok). But yeah, not in my top two fave bands, which I guess tells a tale.

anyway, dead people, any gone today? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

anyway, dead people, any gone today? 

A New Zealand Rugby player named Rowan Baxter murdered his wife and their 3 kids and himself.

Absolutely grim stuff where he set their car on fire with them locked in it

Edited by sne
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, sne said:

A New Zealand Rugby player named Rowan Baxter murdered his wife and their 3 kids and himself.

Absolutely grim stuff where he set their car on fire with them locked in it

That . . . certainly sounds like CTE. Horrific stuff. 

Rapper Pop Smoke shot and killed during a home invasion hours after posting photos on Instagram of himself posing with stacks of cash.

Mr. Smoke didn't deserve to be killed, but maybe his advisors do. Idiot.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Rapper, Pop Smoke, smoked in a home invasion in his Holywood Mansion

(Just off to Mooney him)

Apparently posted this picture on social media hours before he got robbed and killed.

d688062d36fe4635ad987729dee9007b_md.jpg

Edit: Apparently he also posted his home address on social media earlier today...

c03395e78b0a47beb3a8971272a2e872_md.jpg

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I wasn't asking what it was, but rather, if it is a concern in the Rugby world.

I would imagine it's a topic of conversation in most contact sports when the head can take a pounding. It's a topic in football with talk of banning headers, so Rugby is probably no different

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Is CTE a topic of discussion in Rugby?

Not really.

The big thing in rugby has always been spinal injuries. The nature of the game has meant you don't really see a lot of head injuries, but you used to see a lot of spinal injuries, almost entirely from the scrum. My nan's old boss played rugby at semi pro level and ended up being crippled after a neck break while playing.

It might become a growing discussion though. Rugby has similar risks to American Football, perhaps with slightly less severe impact stuff. Rugby has perhaps a little less of the pure heavy impacts, but it's still got a few a game.

Football has a greater discussion of brain injury, thanks to heading. Baggies legend Jeff Astle's death sparked the debate, after people thought that heading a hard, heavy, leather ball for years probably had some impact on his eventual illnesses.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Rapper Pop Smoke shot and killed during a home invasion hours after posting photos on Instagram of himself posing with stacks of cash.

Mr. Smoke didn't deserve to be killed, but maybe his advisors do. Idiot.

Floyd Mayweather must have serious amount of security around him to see off that threat.

Â