VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

William Shears Campbell took over from Paul after he was killed in a car accident.
You’ll notice photos of Paul in 1966 are slightly vague or smudged and he suddenly developed the ability to play the piano.

William Shears Campbell himself was killed in a nasty soy harvesting accident in 2013 and was replaced by an elderly lesbian who struggles with her vocals. 

I fully expect elderly lesbian to be shocking on the Glastonbury coverage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

William Shears Campbell took over from Paul after he was killed in a car accident.
You’ll notice photos of Paul in 1966 are slightly vague or smudged and he suddenly developed the ability to play the piano.

Interestingly in the film  yellow Submarine , Billy Shears is John Lennon  , whereas on Sgt Pepper album Billy Shears is Ringo

A part of me really wishes that Lennon or McCartney started the myth and were trolling everyone but it seems it was nothing to do with the band   ... as for  William Shears Campbell , he never existed  , a DJ in Michigan made the name up after a caller told him playing revolution number 9 played backwards said  turn me on dead man !!!

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Interestingly in the film  yellow Submarine , Billy Shears is John Lennon  , whereas on Sgt Pepper album Billy Shears is Ringo

A part of me really wishes that Lennon or McCartney started the myth and were trolling everyone but it seems it was nothing to do with the band   ... as for  William Shears Campbell , he never existed  , a DJ in Michigan made the name up after a caller told him playing revolution number 9 played backwards said  turn me on dead man !!!

you say he didn't exist, yet MI5 won't comment

have you read all the guff around the symbolism of the Abbey Road zebra crossing photo?

( I do know its all bollocks )

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, that fellow. Isn't it amazing how they could find another bass player looking exactly like Paul? :) Left handed too. And who could sing exactly like him. Extraordinary.

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

Ah, that fellow. Isn't it amazing how they could find another bass player looking exactly like Paul? :) Left handed too. And who could sing exactly like him. Extraordinary.

10% of the population are left handed, most of them can't sing 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

@Pelle Mooney ”paul is dead”

Yeah, I know the conspiracy about his death and all that, but I didn't know that the man said to replace him actually had a name. Never thought of that, actually. :)

But now I did Mooney it and realisedthat that's even the name of the whole conspiracy. There are weird people in this world.

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

you say he didn't exist, yet MI5 won't comment

have you read all the guff around the symbolism of the Abbey Road zebra crossing photo?

( I do know its all bollocks )

yeah read far too much stuff about it  just on the off chance i bump into @bickster and he wants to have a discussion about The Beatles :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Damn, fantastic drummer, great band. Their stuff up to 1981 is some of my fave prog rock

Clearly fantastic musicians, but I find their stuff unlistenable. Geddy Lee's voice is the very definition of 'fingernails down a blackboard' for me. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

On 05/01/2020 at 19:09, Chindie said:

Greg Gilbert

Gianluca Vialli

Tom Smith (rugby)

Deborah James

Roger Scrutton

Scrutton dead at 75.

Looked like a corpse for years so I assume they had someone hold a mirror under his nose for a while, to make sure.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Scrutton dead at 75.

Looked like a corpse for years so I assume they had someone hold a mirror under his nose for a while, to make sure.

Good spot. Just one 't', btw - Scruton. 

Â