VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

On 06/02/2020 at 10:20, HanoiVillan said:

Paths of Glory, one of the two best war films ever made (the other is The Thin Red Line). 

Really didn’t enjoy the thin red line and I love a good war film......Battle of Britain and Platoon, now there’s two war films! :)

Willie Nelsons drummer since 1966 and later his manager, Paul English has died.

Paul English, the long time drummer, manager, and right hand man for Willie Nelson, has died, Saving Country Music can confirm. A member of Willie’s band from his start in shady bars in Fort Worth, Texas, all the way up to Willie’s most recent shows, he was the seminal member of Willie Nelson’s Family Band. He also acted as Willie Nelson’s personal manager for many years.

Of all the rough characters in Outlaw Country’s past, only one had a glass eye, and was a former gang leader and pimp. When asked once by a 20/20reporter during Willie Nelson’s peak popularity if he carried a gun, and if so could he see it, Paul English answered, “Which one?” because he notoriously carried two at all times. And for years wore a cape to go along with his nickname, “The Devil.”

Paul’s parents were devout Christians, but despite his upbringing, English ended up becoming the leader of the “Peroxide Gang” in Ft. Worth, TX, and later a pimp running women. Fort Worth was the first place Willie Nelson really started playing music professionally, and in the late 50’s and early 60’s, it was a rough scene. The downtown corridor was full of brothels and night clubs, and stabbings and shootings were very common. One club Willie played at was Gray’s Bar. They had to rig up chicken wire in front of the stage to protect the band from flying beer bottles and would-be homicidal stage crashers.

Sometimes Willie Nelson would not get paid. This is when Willie met Paul, and Paul told Willie he could help him with that. Paul became Willie’s strong man, and eventually Willie’s drummer. Many believe that if it wasn’t for Paul, Willie would have not been nearly as successful. And Paul says, “Had it not been for Willie, I would be dead or in the penitentiary.”

Edited by Seat68

Don't know much about her but every time it seems she's been on the news its been a case of her personal life going to shit solo...

Mentally ill driven over the edge by media attention, misadventure with drugs, or a combination of the above?

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Never heard of her. What am I missing?

She's been up in court for battering her boyfriend recently.  Presented Love Island, X Factor and won Strictly so big in the entertainment world.  I always got her mixed up with Natalie Pinkham off Formula 1 and other things so at least I'll find that easier from now on.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Assaulting someone is a long way from deserving to be hounded to the point of killing yourself.

From what I read it was wacking someone over the head with a lampshade whilst they were asleep, how someone doing that doesn't get charged with attempted murder is beyond me

Â