VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

On 12/01/2020 at 16:06, Dr_Pangloss said:

I recently watched an interview with Kurt Angle, wow he's looking and sounding terrible these days 😕

He had a massive, massive addiction to pain killers when he was wrestling. Like thousands of pills a month.

The WWE let him go because they didn't want an olympic gold medallist to die while employed by them, so that's how bad it had gotten.
I imagine that's all catching up on him.

Plus he's had loads of neck and back injuries and surgeries. Makes him look and walk very very strangely compared to how he used to be.

A shame because he was an unbelievable athlete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Kobe Bryant dead in a helicopter crash according to TMZ

I’ve said this before, I have been on helicopters twice and I will never go on them again. I didn’t feel safe at all

There is **** all you can do if something goes wrong 

I feel sorry for his family, awful news 😔

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He had a massive, massive addiction to pain killers when he was wrestling. Like thousands of pills a month.

The WWE let him go because they didn't want an olympic gold medallist to die while employed by them, so that's how bad it had gotten.
I imagine that's all catching up on him.

Plus he's had loads of neck and back injuries and surgeries. Makes him look and walk very very strangely compared to how he used to be.

A shame because he was an unbelievable athlete.

Yep aware of all this. People with the sort of physical and mental issues he has had die early. Hopefully he doesn't. Shocking how many wrestlers kick the bucket 'early'. Kurt was one of my favourites growing up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep aware of all this. People with the sort of physical and mental issues he has had die early. Hopefully he doesn't. Shocking how many wrestlers kick the bucket 'early'. Kurt was one of my favourites growing up.

Yeah he was incredible by all accounts. 

I imagine the number of wrestlers who die early will fall as they seem to be a lot more aware of drug abuse and CTE and stuff now. It's probably to the detriment of the "sport" but you can't really argue.

But yeah it's crazy how many die young. You watch some of the old wrestlemanias and half the people on the card are dead.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

I saw a great invention a while back, I’ll see if I can find the info on it. Basically in the middle of the rotor was a parachute that can be fired into the sky if the helicopter runs into problems. Takes a huge amount of the falling speed away and makes a helicopter crash survivable. I’m amazed they are not legal requirements.

edit: like this

Considering the wealth of a lot of the people who fly in them regularly it would be an essential upgrade.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

I’ve said this before, I have been on helicopters twice and I will never go on them again. I didn’t feel safe at all

I'm sure the stats will show they're pretty 'safe' compared to other modes of transport however I've always seen them as death traps. They basically drop like a stone whenever the engine **** up. I get the sense that any idiot can become a pilot for these things (like a light or private aircraft, as opposed to commercial) and I do not trust that they're maintained properly (again as opposed to commercial aircraft in general). I'd never go in one.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Due to a number of deaths from military helicopters crashing into the sea, we had to undergo helicopter underwater escape training( HUET) every 2 years.

The question was never raised what to do if it crashed on land, as the answer was obvious.

You're f***ed.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw a great invention a while back, I’ll see if I can find the info on it. Basically in the middle of the rotor was a parachute that can be fired into the sky if the helicopter runs into problems. Takes a huge amount of the falling speed away and makes a helicopter crash survivable. I’m amazed they are not legal requirements.

edit: like this

Considering the wealth of a lot of the people who fly in them regularly it would be an essential upgrade.

Either that or an ejector seat

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he was incredible by all accounts. 

I imagine the number of wrestlers who die early will fall as they seem to be a lot more aware of drug abuse and CTE and stuff now. It's probably to the detriment of the "sport" but you can't really argue.

But yeah it's crazy how many die young. You watch some of the old wrestlemanias and half the people on the card are dead.

I think they'll continue to drop early for the foreseeable.

It's a **** awful way of life. Success in the industry is a never ending cycle of hard gym work, which inevitably will lead to drug abuse, constant travelling, which wears on the mental health as well as the physical, and constant injury which leads to more drug reliance and other substance abuse.

It might get a bit better once McMahon goes, as his position on the roster all being as far as possible laughably muscular only places more pressure on the wrestlers to constantly bulk and always be ready to perform.

But for the foreseeable it's going to continue to be plenty of guys in their 40s keeling over in hotels across America 

Just now, Chindie said:

I think they'll continue to drop early for the foreseeable.

It's a **** awful way of life. Success in the industry is a never ending cycle of hard gym work, which inevitably will lead to drug abuse, constant travelling, which wears on the mental health as well as the physical, and constant injury which leads to more drug reliance and other substance abuse.

It might get a bit better once McMahon goes, as his position on the roster all being as far as possible laughably muscular only places more pressure on the wrestlers to constantly bulk and always be ready to perform.

But for the foreseeable it's going to continue to be plenty of guys in their 40s keeling over in hotels across America 

There will still be plenty of deaths, for sure. But i think the number of them won't be as great. They're a lot more careful with drug abuse and head trauma than they used to be.

It will still happen of course, I'm sure it even happens deliberately in terms of drugs depending on the wrestler. 

Even now it's an exhausting and punishing lifestyle and very clearly steroids and HGH are still being used, both will shave years off your life even if used 'safely', and then there's drugs, especially prescription drugs such a painkillers which will be used and abused.

One thing which seems to have changed is the culture of drinking and recreational drug abuse. Whilst not gone it used to be the case in the 80s and early to mid 90s that even a lot of the top guys were abusing cocaine and pills, drinking heavily, whilst taking steroids and painkillers. It's not that bad anymore.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Even now it's an exhausting and punishing lifestyle and very clearly steroids and HGH are still being used, both will shave years off your life even if used 'safely', and then there's drugs, especially prescription drugs such a painkillers which will be used and abused.

One thing which seems to have changed is the culture of drinking and recreational drug abuse. Whilst not gone it used to be the case in the 80s and early to mid 90s that even a lot of the top guys were abusing cocaine and pills, drinking heavily, whilst taking steroids and painkillers. It's not that bad anymore.

I never realised just how much they have to work outside of the TV shows until recently.  That said I thought Kurt Angle seemed in a decent place when he came back last year.  I've not seen him much recently though.

Â