195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this sounds crazy but give poch a call see if he will take it to end of season nothing more unless he wants it beyond that point.

We probably get a no but you never know

Posts like this do us as a club absolutely no favours.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Its too late for this season, has been for a while  - I am already looking for next seasons championship manager.

We are only 2 points from safety with a game in hand. Of we get rid of smith amd get any experienced manager who can actually set up a back four we have a chance.

Its likelh we will go down but its a ceetainty if we stick with smith.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s too late now in all honesty. We have to stick with what we have and hope for a miracle.

I don't know. It's still in our own hands, we're not cut adrift. How many times have you seen a big Sam type rock up, give the players a kick up the arse, and get something out of them for a few games. It could work. After Chelsea batter us, we get 3 weeks off, which wouldn't be a terrible time to have a new manager drilling the players.

I think Purslow will stick to his guns though. That 4 year deal looks more absurd by the week.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know. It's still in our own hands, we're not cut adrift. How many times have you seen a big Sam type rock up, give the players a kick up the arse, and get something out of them for a few games. It could work. After Chelsea batter us, we get 3 weeks off, which wouldn't be a terrible time to have a new manager drilling the players.

I think Purslow will stick to his guns though. That 4 year deal looks more absurd by the week.

Id rather have big sam than smith. He is at least gives you passion on the pitch. 

Im certain he wil keep us up. Couldnt care less if football is crap as long as we win games.

The football under smith is just shit. Utter shit

the only thing that would work for me is we get a table banger in, Allardyce being the obvious one, give him 10 games to call everyone a shit word removed and install at least a bit of fight of them...

...and then sack him the summer and appoint someone a bit more forward thinking

and terry has to go too, the players mate, cushy role he seems to have here isn't working

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And if he saves us then what does that do for him?

Man people really do need to read posts properly

I read it properly its just beyond unrealistic

name an example of where someone like that has done something like that before

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We are only 2 points from safety with a game in hand. Of we get rid of smith amd get any experienced manager who can actually set up a back four we have a chance.

Its likelh we will go down but its a ceetainty if we stick with smith.

We could have 5 or 6 games in hand - the problem is we aren't winning or even drawing any of them.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And if he saves us then what does that do for him?

Man people really do need to read posts properly

Maybe we could get Bale too as he’s not getting much game time at Madrid. You never know.

• Like 1

Think people just need to accept we are a rebuild in progress. We can't keep thinking we deserve to be established in the PL when we want to start the managerial swingdoor at the first sign of struggle. 

We knew what we were in for this season. We are still in the fight which most expected. 

It doesn't mean it's not allowed to ask questions or criticise our awful defending on set pieces and what not. It doesn't mean we can't criticise the obviously poor recruitment, but there's that and cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Deano will get it right. We've had lots of good football under him. We probably even deserve more points than we got from the first 6 months of this campaign, but we are where we are. If we go down we will come back up. Rather that we try some modern football than starting on this swingdoor crap that always leads to neanderthal hoofball merchants. We've been there the last 10 years and the time Deano has been here has been far more fun for me personally than any of that. 

Record unbeaten run, promotion, cup final and complete club rebuild in 18 months. Pretty good if you ask me. Now it's just about staying the course. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

give poch a ring...**** me

he's sat at home waiting to see what happens at Bayern, utd, psg and real madrid this summer but im sure he'd give a potential relegation on his CV a good 2 seconds of thought

Cheeky phone call.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I read it properly its just beyond unrealistic

name an example of where someone like that has done something like that before

Ancelotti 

Edited by Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe we could get Bale too as he’s not getting much game time at Madrid. You never know.

There is a difference between getting an unemployed manager to take over to end of season to us signing a player on 300k a week at 29.

Very poor example ro highlight your point

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id rather have big sam than smith. He is at least gives you passion on the pitch. 

Im certain he wil keep us up. Couldnt care less if football is crap as long as we win games.

The football under smith is just shit. Utter shit

Quite possibly the only time I will agree with you. I almost feel dirty saying it but if the board want to have any hope of staying up he’s the best man for the job.

Â