195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ancelotti

to an underperforming everton 3 months a go meaning he could shoot them back up the table to where they should be

on incredible money too and that's before you look at what was on his horizon, its not looking as good as pochs

that's not the same

Just now, villa4europe said:

to an underperforming everton 3 months a go meaning he could shoot them back up the table to where they should be

on incredible money too and that's before you look at what was on his horizon, its not looking as good as pochs

that's not the same

They were in as big mess as we are and he turned them around instantly. The only thing different is they had more time to turn it around then we did.

We are TWO points outside relegation zone with a game in hand its not impossible. Look at what Pearson has done at watford. They were dead and buried before he came.

Your trying to defend Ancelotti but deep down you know i am right on that point.

The people ultimately responsible for how this season is panning  out are Purslow and Suso. Let’s be straight, how many of Susos players looks Premier League quality? Who put Suso in position? We all know Smith wanted Phillips, we got nakamba and Luiz. We know smith wanted benrhama, we got Trezeguet. Yes smith has shown some naivety, but ultimately we’re not good enough man to man. 

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

The people ultimately responsible for how this season is panning  out are Purslow and Suso. Let’s be straight, how many of Susos players looks Premier League quality? Who put Suso in position? We all know Smith wanted Phillips, we got nakamba and Luiz. We know smith wanted benrhama, we got Trezeguet. Yes smith has shown some naivety, but ultimately we’re not good enough man to man. 

Dont forget jota who cant even get on our bench. 

Villa Analytics on Twitter makes a strong case for someone I am totally unfamiliar with: ROGER SCHMIDT

It won't be Rafa (£10m+/year); It wont be Alladyce; It wont be Pochetino; It won't be Henry (at least I hope it won't). We will now have the test of recruiting for the less glamorous Championship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Villa Analytics on Twitter makes a strong case for someone I am totally unfamiliar with: ROGER SCHMIDT

It won't be Rafa (£10m+/year); It wont be Alladyce; It wont be Pochetino; It won't be Henry (at least I hope it won't). We will now have the test of recruiting for the less glamorous Championship.

Have to say he does seem to have a impressive record

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your trying to defend Ancelotti but deep down you know i am right on that point.

Ancelotti didn't do it with 10 games left and in the relegation zone

Everton were never going down, if they were would he risk putting it on his CV?

18 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Jeez, how can't people understand the basic economics of our Summer recruitment?

I would argue that actually the recruitment has been good. Our midfield was our most solid element with Jack, McGinn, AEG, and Hourihane the continuity stability from last season, the only place where we had continuity, that shoudl have been further galvanised by the arrival of Nakamba (and Luiz who is only 21 so temper expectation there), but actually the midfield and system is failing us not helped by losing McGinn. I would argue that naivety and the attitude that we could play our way out of trouble was quickly dispelled but not taken on board by the Management team. I think they are out of their depth for our ambition.

I know this is a thread about who is the next Manager, and I understand the irony, but with regards to the players I would preach patience. 

Edited by thunderball

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ancelotti didn't do it with 10 games left and in the relegation zone

Everton were never going down, if they were would he risk putting it on his CV?

If they atuck with silva they would have. I agree if you implying we should ahve dine it earlier. He should have been sacked after that watford game. 

But Ancelotti is a massive coup for Everton regardless how many games are left.  Only Ancelotti knows the answer to your question

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it’s too late to make a change now, I’ll would rather see how Smith gets us started off in the championship over the first 2 months and then make a call on it.

I'm leaning towards this too. 

I think Smith would probably bring us straight back up. I don't think we'd lose too many players and Smith is good at that level.

If we changed now we'd get a fire fighter like Allardyce in who might keep us up, but we'd have no future under him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this sounds crazy but give poch a call see if he will take it to end of season nothing more unless he wants it beyond that point.

We probably get a no but you never know

I can hear Poch laughing from here.

You're right, that is crazy :D 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm leaning towards this too. 

I think Smith would probably bring us straight back up. I don't think we'd lose too many players and Smith is good at that level.

If we changed now we'd get a fire fighter like Allardyce in who might keep us up, but we'd have no future under him.

Is he though? Im not so sure about that. He had a squad of mings mcginn grealish and tammy (only mings signed by smith)

After seeing the colossal mess smith has made of building this squad along with suso i have serious doubts about whether he can.

If i saw abit of fight and passion on the pitch i may share this. But i dont. All i see is a man out of ideas and looking out of his depth.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Is he though? Im not so sure about that. He had a squad of mings mcginn grealish and tammy (only mings signed by smith)

After seeing the colossal mess smith has made of building this squad along with suso i have serious doubts about whether he can.

If i saw abit of fight and passion on the pitch i may share this. But i dont. All i see is a man out of ideas and looking out of his depth.

Yes he is. He was good with Brentford and he was good with us. 

Yes he had good players for that level, but that would be the case again. We'd keep a lot of our team and we'd have £100m+ from the probable sale of Grealish, Mings and McGinn.

We'd probably have the best squad in the championship and I think Smith would comfortably get us up.

What we do in the summer after that is another question though. However I do think we'd be in a far better position to recruit as we wouldn't have to buy an entirely new squad again.

25 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I read that. It puts him in a good light anyway.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes he is. He was good with Brentford and he was good with us. 

Yes he had good players for that level, but that would be the case again. We'd keep a lot of our team and we'd have £100m+ from the probable sale of Grealish, Mings and McGinn.

We'd probably have the best squad in the championship and I think Smith would comfortably get us up.

What we do in the summer after that is another question though. However I do think we'd be in a far better position to recruit as we wouldn't have to buy an entirely new squad again.

He was good with brentford but how much of that was with the aid of frank? Franks doing a better job than smith did there.

I think if you take the three you mentioned out of that team that just makes a group of talented championship players not a team. The whole spine is gone and that is going to be almighty difficult to replace.

I think we need a host of players as i dont think jota trez drinkwater hause taylor elmo should be kept on next summer.

Add that to the  three you mention we need 8 players. 

For me its vital we keep heaton nakamba konsa targett samatta to build around if we go down.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont forget jota who cant even get on our bench. 

Yes, I accept that Jota has fallen well short and that he was a Smith pick. But jota was a very cheap gamble, but a gamble that hasn’t paid dividends this season. 

I hear Pep might be leaving City if they are not allowed to play in the CL next season, sure he'd be up for a season in the Championship.

If not I think we might be able to get Ivana Humpalot, the manager from my Real Betis save on Football Manager 17. Cracking record in La Liga.

• Haha 1

Â