195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

There's something about Terry I'm not sure on

Definitely the assumption that he's coaching our defence and our defence is **** awful

But also the assumption that he'll have been offered jobs probably at championship level by now and he doesn't seem ready or overly interested, I look at his insta and see the time off he still gets with his family and how he's almost one of the lads still and wonder if he prefers the role we gave him rather than wanting to step up to manager increasing his work load and reducing his relationships with the players

If Terry is responsible for coaching the defence then maybe its Terry we should be looking at replacing... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's something about Terry I'm not sure on

Definitely the assumption that he's coaching our defence and our defence is **** awful

But also the assumption that he'll have been offered jobs probably at championship level by now and he doesn't seem ready or overly interested, I look at his insta and see the time off he still gets with his family and how he's almost one of the lads still and wonder if he prefers the role we gave him rather than wanting to step up to manager increasing his work load and reducing his relationships with the players

If Terry is responsible for coaching the defence then maybe its Terry we should be looking at replacing... 

Sherwood managed to save us.

Sherwood is a shit coach. It proves that a passion merchant can be enough to get you over the line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Sherwood managed to save us.

Sherwood is a shit coach. It proves that a passion merchant can be enough to get you over the line.

Don't disagree

But are we getting a passion coach in staying up and then sacking him in the summer? 

Get Rafa in now!

He would bring us the carabeau cup. then the new manager bounce would see us safe.

I think he'd come especially if the rumours of 150m in the summer if we stay up are true. An exceptional tactician with many honours in the game.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree

But are we getting a passion coach in staying up and then sacking him in the summer? 

No it's too late now.

Our fixture list is too brutal.

Our window was during Christmas. For a potential new man at the very least get some winnable games.

I can us getting a win against Newcastle but the rest of the games seem pretty hopeless to me.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Get Rafa in now!

He would bring us the carabeau cup. then the new manager bounce would see us safe.

I think he'd come especially if the rumours of 150m in the summer if we stay up are true. An exceptional tactician with many honours in the game.

In December I’d agree with this but I don’t think Rafa would take it now - I think we’ve missed the boat and purslow decision to back smith was a costly mistake

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the answer is clear, bring back Sherwood!

Well 4 wins would probably get us safe so any short term boost and we'd have a more than decent chance of staying up.

We were in a worse position when we sacked Lambert, think we only had 22 points at that stage.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No it's too late now.

Our fixture list is too brutal.

Our window was during Christmas. For a potential new man at the very least get some winnable games.

I can us getting a win against Newcastle but the rest of the games seem pretty hopeless to me.

I mean sack the motivational manager! 

In reference to Sherwood our mistake there was not sacking him in the summer 

So what do we do now, find a new Sherwood, stay up, sack him, get another new manager in? 

The quick fix motivational manager could do more damage to us long term

Back to the argument before about fat Sam, desperation to stay in the PL could set us back further than relegation 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I mean sack the motivational manager! 

In reference to Sherwood our mistake there was not sacking him in the summer 

So what do we do now, find a new Sherwood, stay up, sack him, get another new manager in? 

The quick fix motivational manager could do more damage to us long term

Back to the argument before about fat Sam, desperation to stay in the PL could set us back further than relegation 

Mate i just want to stay up.

I don't care how.

Smith lovers....here it is the soloution for you to keep your beloved.

Purslow can send shockwaves through world football and show pity for Smith by doing a steve gibson.

gibson brought in el Tel as co manager when Bryan Robson couldn't buy a win.

Smith retains his position as head coach......whilst Rafa's title will be manager.

Villa win the league cup, qualify for europe, keep Grealish and Rafa gets 200m to spend in Aug. Whats not to love?

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And this has also been talked about before - Rafa left Newcastle for a huge China pay day, he's one of the best paid managers in world football, circa £12m a year

He is not coming back for us

He’d have to be in quarantine for weeks anyway.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Mate i just want to stay up.

I don't care how.

I'm in a different boat 

I don't want to be a shit PL team

I'm not part of the happy to be here gang that is making the league boring

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, sne said:

Obviously nothing will happen until after the cup final but I honestly would not blame the club if they felt we needed a change to at least give it a try to stay up.

Christian Gross perhaps? Just been released by Al-Ahli and has previously worked in Egypt so there is that connection.

Made his name at Basel where he managed for 10 seasons. Might fit in since our current team resembles a Swiss cheese with all the holes...

Desperate times.

Vital Premier league experience as well 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In December I’d agree with this but I don’t think Rafa would take it now - I think we’ve missed the boat and purslow decision to back smith was a costly mistake

And Rafa hates Purslow for losing him his dream job. No idea why its still mentioned 

Â