Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

36 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I don't find Alisha Lehman to be especially attractive. 

The painted eyebrows and fake eyelashes are scary.

I'm probably too old for such commentary, but this forum is a sausage fest, so..

I gather from various fanatics with a Go-Pro that her pulcritude is more of the callipygian variety.

I understand that she is presently teaching Douglas Luiz how to yodel!

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I gather from various fanatics with a Go-Pro that her pulcritude is more of the callipygian variety.

Up the canyon? 

9 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Ive seen commentary along these lines too (not stated quite so elegantly) and I've never really understood the attraction. 

Each to their own though. 

10 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

*googles*

Oh right, yes, fantastic arse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

The classic VW Camper Van (aka VW Type 2; T1 split window and T2 bay window variants)

Load of shite. 

God this all over, feels like your going to moon driving it 10 miles. 

On 19/08/2022 at 05:11, OutByEaster? said:

There is no place in a modern world for Birthday cards.

Send me a text or buy me a gift, not this cardboard detritus.

I don't like them, I don't like giving them and I don't like receiving them.

I disagree.  Nowadays, people who would never have cared about your birthday wish you a happy one because facebook reminded them that it's your birthday and all it requires is a couple of clicks.  I'd rather have one birthday card from someone putting in the effort and showing they actually care than have 100 facebook "friends" wishing me a happy birthday.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2022 at 23:54, Xela said:

The classic VW Camper Van (aka VW Type 2; T1 split window and T2 bay window variants)

Load of shite. 

I like them, think they're cool

But at the same time they're nowhere near as cool as they're made out to be and you'd be insane to own one, the new iterations aren't better, horrifically overpriced (like all VWs...) the latest california starts at 72k€ here

• Like 1

On 20/08/2022 at 13:52, mjmooney said:

Drivers of particular makes of car do not have any particular behaviours. OK, owners of fast/powerful/upmarket cars may, on average, drive differently from those with more modest vehicles, but there is no such thing as a "typical [insert brand] driver". 

Behaviours maybe.  Characteristics definitely. 

Morgan Drivers are predominately; middle class, middle aged,  white males.

They drive as you would expect from that demographic.  Top down at the slightest hint of sunshine, wearing a hat at a jaunty angle and careful not to scratch their pride and joy. 

On 20/08/2022 at 05:52, mjmooney said:

Drivers of particular makes of car do not have any particular behaviours. OK, owners of fast/powerful/upmarket cars may, on average, drive differently from those with more modest vehicles, but there is no such thing as a "typical [insert brand] driver". 

As a previous owner of a $100K Range Rover I can put people like me in the category of

"people who care more about a nostalgia brand than a quality car."

What a piece of crap that car was. never again.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I like them, think they're cool

But at the same time they're nowhere near as cool as they're made out to be and you'd be insane to own one, the new iterations aren't better, horrifically overpriced (like all VWs...) the latest california starts at 72k€ here

As a camper in 2022 they are shit. Great iconic design, agreed, and when launched in 1949 it would have been fantastic, but nowadays they are slow, unreliable, will overheat and tiny. Plus they're ridiculously overpriced. 

I always see loads on the M54 chugging towards Wales at about 45mph, completely full to to the gills.

It's something that when I started dieting years ago and I cut it out I didn't miss it at all, eat it about every 6 weeks now purely for convenience, if you want that tomato sauce with the cheese melted on top then go pasta bake or do it on top of a chicken breast (unfortunately melted cheese on top of things is something I can't give up, top tier food) 

Anyone who orders pizza at a restaurant let alone domino's et al needs their head checking but then again I don't like Italian restaurants, £15 for pasta? Ain't happening, I never go to an Italian restaurant 

• Like 1

Â