roonst83

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think this’ll be the team, 

Heaton
Guilbert      Engels  Hause      Targett

Nakamba       Luiz       Hourihane

El Ghazi                      Grealish
                           Wesley

Can’t really see us lining up any other way, but  I would probably give Kodjia a crack up front, couldn’t do any harm. He might not pass, or do anything defensively, but he’ll probably score

We’re almost certain to line up like that but I’d like to see a front 4 of Jota, Trez, Grealish and El Ghazi/Kodjia. Won’t happen though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think this’ll be the team, 

Heaton
Guilbert      Engels  Hause      Targett

Nakamba       Luiz       Hourihane

El Ghazi                      Grealish
                           Wesley

Can’t really see us lining up any other way, but  I would probably give Kodjia a crack up front, couldn’t do any harm. He might not pass, or do anything defensively, but he’ll probably score

Pukki making runs behind Engels and Hause doesn't sound too good. I'd start Konsa, he's a bit faster.

• Like 1

..........................Heaton...........................

........Konsa.......Engels.........Hause........

.........................Nakamba.......................

Guilbert......Luiz..........Lansbury.....ElGhazi

.........................Grealish............................

.......................Kodjia................................

Thats what I’d like to see us utilise with what we have as I think it could suit us.. I don’t think Norwich are particularly strong in the wide areas at all, ElGhazi was effective on the left last season for us. We won’t, however, do anything like this. I’ve a horrible feeling we continue with 4-3-3 and try to put in players that simply don’t have the tools required for the system. 

Regardless of team formation or who plays where I want to see a Villa team on the pitch with a hunger and fight , I want players to show it means something to wear the shirt to show the fans they are willing to bust a gut to get a result, can accept our lack of quality at times but not the last few spineless performances.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Pukki making runs behind Engels and Hause doesn't sound too good. I'd start Konsa, he's a bit faster.

I'm a Smith fan but I don't understand his insistence on having a lefty and a righty together at CB. Sure, it's handy when it happens but it's probably the least important part of a CB partnership. Konsa is much better than Hause, he should be starting 

47 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Regardless of team formation or who plays where I want to see a Villa team on the pitch with a hunger and fight , I want players to show it means something to wear the shirt to show the fans they are willing to bust a gut to get a result, can accept our lack of quality at times but not the last few spineless performances.

Exactly this. Lay a marker down in the first 10/15 minutes to the show the desire and passion to get a result. The fans will really get behind them if they see this.

First goal is vital here. We score, players, fans etc will believe. They score, we could end up on the back of 2 or 3 goal defeat. 

I would love Smith to tinker with the team/formation and surprise Norwich with something different.  Everything crossed for this one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The first goal in this one is massively important. If we go ahead and get our tails up, we're capable of beating them well, if we go behind then I fear for us.

I was just about to post similar. I think it is vital we score first and that the goal comes pretty early. If Norwich score first then I fear the crowd could turn and players already lacking confidence will wilt or if we don't score relatively early I could see us trying to force it egged on by an edgy crowd. A fast start is vital, get the crowd up, score early and we can go from there.

Big test for us, individuals need to step up and show passion, in a professional manner with DS and JT showing they do coach effectively during the week and are the right people to be leading our club into 2020.

I'd like to think we won't see a repeat of the Southampton performance but as @OutByEaster? and @markavfc40 stated it all feels like it hinges on who gets the first goal.  If he plays today, I fancy Hourihan to net even though he's been anonymous of late and infuriates me!

Bit worried to be honest but we can't expect to return into the Premier League from what was effectively 5th place in the championship without going through these sort of periods. Let's hope we can all keep perspective regardless of a win, draw or even if the unthinkable lose result is what comes out of today.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Villa said:

Big test for us, individuals need to step up and show passion, in a professional manner with DS and JT showing they do coach effectively during the week and are the right people to be leading our club into 2020.

I'd like to think we won't see a repeat of the Southampton performance but as @OutByEaster? and @markavfc40 stated it all feels like it hinges on who gets the first goal.  If he plays today, I fancy Hourihan to net even though he's been anonymous of late and infuriates me!

Bit worried to be honest but we can't expect to return into the Premier League from what was effectively 5th place in the championship without going through these sort of periods. Let's hope we can all keep perspective regardless of a win, draw or even if the unthinkable lose result is what comes out of today.  

I get what your saying. We finished 5th and had to hold on in the final. But we then built a new team that is supposed to challenge in the Prem. So I am still worried 

10 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I get what your saying. We finished 5th and had to hold on in the final. But we then built a new team that is supposed to challenge in the Prem. So I am still worried 

That's the key thing though @Robtaylor200, we've assembled this "competitive" squad and we're all worried (well at least you and me are) about playing Norwich having tanked against Southampton. Surely we either have to accept we're not really up to scratch yet and need more players in Jan or we're going through our bad patch? We could point fingers at DS/JT but I'm reluctant to do that at present as it feels like we'd be going down the same old sack the manager track and I'm personally not convinced that's the answer...

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I'm a Smith fan but I don't understand his insistence on having a lefty and a righty together at CB. Sure, it's handy when it happens but it's probably the least important part of a CB partnership. Konsa is much better than Hause, he should be starting 

I prefer Konsa as well, not because he's a much better defender, but because he seems to be a bit quicker, better distribution and Engels looked more comfortable with him. 

i have a feeling we might lose this one.

would go with this though.

Heaton

Konsa - Engels - Hause

Guilbert                                                      Targett

Nakamba - Luiz

Jota                 Grealish

Wesley