Pre match thread

roonst83

2-2.

Would give starts to Chester, Taylor, Trez and Kodj.

I know they'll be groans with Wes continuing to start but he did score twice v them just two months back.

Have a front three and Jack in number 10 role. Would leave us open but a draw is no good here apart from maybe keeping Dean in the job a little longer.

Norwich on the final day last season I thought played through us very well. Buendia and Cantwell are on form currently so that's a big worry particularly if we play more attackers. Still we need to throw some caution to the wind and at least have a go.

• Like 1

I don't normally make predictions but have a feeling that we're going to win this, just feels almost inevitable that after all the moaning we'll go and get a win. Think we'll see a reaction to dropping into the bottom three as well and put in a good performance.

Jota must play if he is fit. Use El Ghazi off the bench. Elmo in for Guilbert. Konsa in for Hause. Kodjia in for Wesley. Jack #8.

Heaton

Elmo - Engels - Konsa - Targett

Douglas - Hourihane

Jota - Grealish - Trez

Kodjia

Edited by AV82

Heaton

Guilbert  Konsa   Engles  Targett

Luiz      Hourihane 

EL Ghazi  Grealish    Trez

Kodjia

Tight Nervy 2-1 Win Kodjia x2

• Like 3

4 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I've gave my ticket away for this one.

I've only got Xmas & Boxing Day off and then I'm back in work, I really just can't be bothered to go down and potentially **** up my last day off work when we are on telly anyway.

That's the spirit. 

• Like 3

On 22/12/2019 at 02:14, roonst83 said:

I believe Norwich have way more talent than Southampton and will pose much more of a threat. Sadly. We lack any plan, any fight or any confidence. Dreading this. 

Disagree Southampton are a much better side, time to bounce back the next two games could really shape our season! 

• Like 1

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Konsa - Targett

Luiz

Hourihane - Grealish

El Ghazi              -          Trezeguet 

Kodjia

Bench: Nyland, Elmo, Hause, Nakamba, Lansbury, Jota, Wesley

I think Wesley needs to be dropped. Just not working at the moment and we looked better with Kodjia on the pitch on Saturday. Think Kodjia has earned a start to show what he can do. Wesley can come on 60/70 minutes and score against a team he has already done it against after that. 

Whole team needs a rocket up their backsides after Saturday's performance, with only Heaton, Grealish and possibly Kodjia actually coming out of that game with any sort of credit. 

• Like 1

Whatever happens we need to keep a clean sheet, we are leaking too many goals.

I am dreading it but will try to be positive. I don't care about the result at Norwich they had 9 players out injured for that game. They will be up for this one, as someone said we are a wounded animal and the canaries are coming to peck us to death...or something !

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

I'd like to see Chester in, gives us something from set peices that we have been sorely lacking as well as some much needed leadership.

Chester and Kodjia in for me

It won’t happen though

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hourihane isn’t Premier League quality 

He's great at free kicks. But free kicks are only one part of the game, only one out of many. :S  He's also pretty good at shooting, including long shots, but in the PL he's only going to get a shot now and then.