Pre match thread

roonst83

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here. Not sure why Conor can’t seem to earn a start. A constant threat from set pieces? Why not???

You know he started the last match right?

And was shit...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Only if you haven't been watching the last few games and understand very little about football.

It's a home game we need to press up the field and attack, Engels gets turned for pace too easily whereas Konsa has more pace and will therefore provide better cover.

Guilbert has been having a mare the last few games, that's plain to see, Elmo will steady the ship a little and also link up better with Trez. 

OR I just see it differently. Hause is just not at the level Konsa and Engels are for attacking football. Horrible distribution on him. Engels and Konsa have also lookwd far more solid than Hause has done. It's a partnership. 

Elmo is always shit. Guilbert might have been poor the last match but he's consistently been MUCH better than Elmo. 

So I dare say maybe you're the one who doesn't quite grasp football. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

OR I just see it differently. Hause is just not at the level Konsa and Engels are for attacking football. Horrible distribution on him. Engels and Konsa have also lookwd far more solid than Hause has done. It's a partnership. 

Elmo is always shit. Guilbert might have been poor the last match but he's consistently been MUCH better than Elmo. 

So I dare say maybe you're the one who doesn't quite grasp football. 

of dear lads, here we go again little respect for each others opinions Its Christmas 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know he started the last match right?

And was shit...

The whole team was awful. His rating was actually Villas 4th highest.

I like him, and think he should’ve trusted to start more often.

• Like 1

This is probably the sort of game I'd have thought Hourihane would spark in, it's not one where we expect to be backs against the wall, which is where he struggles.

We'll see I guess. Lose this and Smith should be under pressure.

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

This is probably the sort of game I'd have thought Hourihane would spark in, it's not one where we expect to be backs against the wall, which is where he struggles.

We'll see I guess. Lose this and Smith should be under pressure.

I agree with all of that. Decision time for the board. Do they twist, and maybe get a bounce from a new manager? Or stick with DS and hope for a turnaround. It’s a very difficult decision with such high stakes.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The whole team was awful. His rating was actually Villas 4th highest.

I like him, and think he should’ve trusted to start more often.

I like him as well but I know the routine.

Gets dropped, comes on as a sub, plays a blinder, scores a stunning goal or 2.

Starts then does nothing.

Repeat cycle.

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

If the answer is Elmo than I don’t like the question. Pleased Jack is back in the middle but that back four is horrible. 

Amen to that. He occationally delivers above ability, but he's very much like a lot of other poor championship level players. They got one or several mistakes in them ALWAYS. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that ended up costing us points today. Absolutely moronic change. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like him as well but I know the routine.

Gets dropped, comes on as a sub, plays a blinder, scores a stunning goal or 2.

Starts then does nothing.

Repeat cycle.

But then people like Wesley has been poor for months but holds his place. Player like Conor are dropped at the first misplaced pass. 
He has a special gift with his set pieces, he’s almost worth a start for those some. I’d say give him a proper run in the side.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

But then people like Wesley has been poor for months but holds his place. Player like Conor are dropped at the first misplaced pass. 
He has a special gift with his set pieces, he’s almost worth a start for those some. I’d say give him a proper run in the side.

Bench them both would be my opinion. They simply aren't PL starting standard. 

Only reason Conor is benched and Wesley isn't is because we got **** all rotation options up top. 

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Realistically none of us know that much about football that’s why we come on here to squabble instead of applying for coaching jobs.

Equally managers, coaches, refs and players who know everything there is to know in and around football gets things wrong all the time.

Even the very best ones.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1