Pre match thread

roonst83

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure what the issue is. Jack moves to the middle where he can be more influential and we have 2 wingers at home. Seems the right choice to me. Wesley HAS to deliver now. 

Not delivered for about 13 games but now he has to?

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Stupid changes. Konsa for Engels is mental. Elmo for Guilbert is beyond laughable. 

Only if you haven't been watching the last few games and understand very little about football.

It's a home game we need to press up the field and attack, Engels gets turned for pace too easily whereas Konsa has more pace and will therefore provide better cover.

Guilbert has been having a mare the last few games, that's plain to see, Elmo will steady the ship a little and also link up better with Trez. 

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm baffled that he's starting Hause again.

I can't see why Luis and Nakamba is suddenly going to start working either.

I'd give anything for us to try 2 up top.

I really do think we'd benefit from 2 up top. Wesley having someone near him will make him more useful and probably make us look a bit more threatening. 

But Smith likes likes his 451/433 hybrid. Which is great when it clicks. When it doesn't it's like the worst of both systems.

We took 4 points from the opening 6 games this season where we played Grealish in the middle.

Was banging on about moving him to the flank as I thought our wide options were too poor and that Grealish was playing too deep.

Hopefully it will work better this time.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I really do think we'd benefit from 2 up top. Wesley having someone near him will make him more useful and probably make us look a bit more threatening. 

But Smith likes likes his 451/433 hybrid. Which is great when it clicks. When it doesn't it's like the worst of both systems.

We would benefit more from Wesley not being in the squad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We would benefit more from Wesley not being in the squad.

I think Wesley would benefit from starting a couple of games from the bench and coming on as an impact sub.

Just taking him out of the first 11 is not writing him off, just switching it up a bit. 

It pushes him to fight for a starting spot again. Kodjia knows he needs to fight hard to keep the start. It’s a win win. Nothing to lose.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1