Pre match thread

roonst83

33 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can someone take Jack off corners as well? 

Sick of floaty horrible corners sailing into the hands of the keeper each time.

Totally agree with this.  Corners need to be whipped in with pace most of the time. Dead balls for and against have been our Achilles heel for sometime.  We just don’t show enough aggression in either box.  

The Canaries will return to Villa Park on Boxing Day and we really need to give them another stuffing. They will be emboldened by their 2-1 win at Villa Park in May, as well as by the fact that we have conceded 7 goals, in losing our last two home games. The very thought of our last meeting at Carrow Road in October, when they were soundly thrashed 5-1 will however, serve to send seasonal shivers down their backs. Overall, we have won 27 and have drawn 15 of the 63 league meetings, that there have been between the two clubs. 

A win will take us six points clear of our visitors, over whom we also enjoy a superior double-figure goal difference. A third home league defeat this month, would see us stay just above them, thanks to that goal difference. A win could also see us climb out of the bottom three, at the first time of asking, given that Southampton travel to Chelsea on the same day. It would also keep us in touch with the four clubs who are currently 4-5 points ahead of us, rather than give them an opportunity to create a wider gap between themselves and us. 

Our visitors recently suffered the sad loss of their former player and World Cup winner Martin Peters. He will be remembered on Boxing Day, as will the late Ron Saunders, who managed both clubs. Both sets of fans will be united in remembrance before this crucial game.

On Boxing Day, another defeat has to be avoided at all costs. We need to turn things around very soon and a home win, will give us some much needed confidence to take into our next relegation scrap two days later. Two more defeats to end 2019, would bring the unthinkable for us, much too close for comfort. Just win it for us Villa! :flag:            

---------------------------Heaton-------------------------
Guilbert-------Engels-----Konsa-----Targett
-------------------Luis--------Nakamba--------------
Trezeguet-----------Jota----------------Grealish
------------------------El Ghazi--------------------------

• Sad 1

I'd like to see this:

--------------------------Heaton--------------------------

--------------Engels--Konsa--Hause--------------

Guilbert--------------------------------------Targett

--------------Luiz-------------------Nakamba-------

-------------------------Grealish------------------------

---------------Kodjia------------Wesley-------------

Swap Mings for Hause if fit.

• Like 2

I see nothing for us from this game other than a humiliating defeat.

I feel DS has lost the dressing room, and has lost faith in himself.  He looks a shadow of the man that got us promoted, and doesn't appear to have a plan to stop the rot.

Defeat here, and i fear for DS. Think this could be the nail in the coffin.

Hope i am wrong, as i want villa to win, but ive seen nothing from us in the last 6 or so games to make me think we are anything other than relegation fodder.

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I feel DS has lost the dressing room, and has lost faith in himself.  He looks a shadow of the man that got us promoted, and doesn't appear to have a plan to stop the rot.

Hope i am wrong, as i want villa to win, but ive seen nothing from us in the last 6 or so games to make me think we are anything other than relegation fodder.

I also hope you're wrong, but sadly, I agree with this 100%. The way the heads dropped at the weekend, I just don't see a win coming, as shit as Norwich are. 

6 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Last 6 games included a draw at old Trafford and a comfortable victory against Newcastle. Since then it’s been dire.  We can’t defend without Mings so will concede shit goals. That’s when heads drop and confidence takes a beating. 

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Love the optimism. 

------------------Heaton--------------

Elmo----Engels-Konsa----Taylor

---------------------Luiz------------------

------------Hourihane-Jack-----------

El Ghazi--------Kodjia---------Trezeguet

And here comes all the predictable people shouting at me for dropping Guilbert and Targett. Imo they've been shit for a while now and needs a dropping.

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t think we have?

We're getting outfought every week

We lose second balls, we lack aggression and desire. It's so telling on the pitch. Southampton and Sheff Utd doesn't have better players but they work harder.

Edited by villalad21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

------------------Heaton--------------

Elmo----Engels-Konsa----Taylor

---------------------Luiz------------------

------------Hourihane-Jack-----------

El Ghazi--------Kodjia---------Trezeguet

And here comes all the predictable people shouting at me for dropping Guilbert and Targett. Imo they've been shit for a while now and needs a dropping.

Anyone choosing to put Taylor in the team needs their judgement questioned!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Anyone choosing to put Taylor in the team needs their judgement questioned!

Last time i remember him playing was when he came on against Wolves and he did a better job than Targett.

Targett been awful as of late.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Last time i remember him playing was when he came on against Wolves and he did a better job than Targett.

Targett been awful as of late.

You must have missed him when he was given the run around by the Liverpool under 4's team then.

Just no.

Edited by Brumstopdogs