Ratings & Reactions: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/12/19 at 23:59

That was woeful, as bad as we've been this season. Missed Mings, lacked any composure on the ball and let Sheffield Utd come at us. 

Had our moment in lead up to penalty. Heads dropped. Need to pick them up. Jack has turned into a miserable shit since the United game that he didn't really celebrate in and was poor today 

Sheffield always was always a tough game. 9 pts from the next 12 is doable and would put us right back on track to finish a few points clear of bottom 3. 

Not sure the constant rotation through midfield is helping much, though.

Whoever the bloke is that recommended we sign some of our players for the huge amount we shelled out, he needs his bollocks booting, and then his P45.

• Haha 1

These players are shot through, confidence wise. 

We can usually reflect on the ins and outs of a game in this thread, but I’m afraid we just didn’t play. Our longest run of passes was maybe four or five. I’m increasingly pissy about Wes but there was no service.

The midfield is a mess. There’s no organisation there. 

Positives: Hause played well enough. Smith made some early subs. Though Kodj looked okay as he was running forwards. It wasn’t three nil.

Pathetic, but how can we possibly expect to compete against 5th placed Sheffield United with their work ethic and will to win?

There is something wrong at B6, we aren’t improving and we are going backwards. It’s all very well playing well in spells but it means zip if you don’t get results. 

• Like 1

That was as poor a showing I've seen in a while. We had nothing. Nothing.

Hause gets votes for MotM, but in my book his guy scored both goals, and additionally Hause let his guy get completely free behind him at least twice later in the game. 

Edited by AVTuco

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Grealish isn’t a winger, I bet teams are delighted to see him out there.

Only replying because I'm limited to liking this once.

It's absolutely bonkers. What a waste of our best player. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Pathetic, but how can we possibly expect to compete against 5th placed Sheffield United with their work ethic and will to win?

There is something wrong at B6, we aren’t improving and we are going backwards. It’s all very well playing well in spells but it means zip if you don’t get results. 

I said in the match thread, it seems something must be wrong, and has been for a while.

The effort, general play and attitudes all seem off.

Connor being totally dropped, unless he is injured, is also baffling, have they had a falling out?

Are some players not on the train with our methods?

Dunno, but we are certainly better than this.

• Like 1

Â