Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 14 of 38)

zab6359

This is Villa at Old Trafford. They could play the Munich team as they are today and we'd somehow endeavour to lose.

3-1 Manchester United. We take the lead, collapse in the second half, they score a late third to make the result look more comprehensive than it was.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Obviously, but that's how it feels. That's the point I was trying to make - they've long had the mental edge over us, more than any other team in fact.

But then this squad were mostly babies or not even born in the 92/93 season when we we rivalling for the title... I hope they can play without fear and really take the game to them.  that said I they are underachieving for the strength of their squad. In short, would love a point, probably a loss, but there’s always a chance!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

We haven’t played them in so long I don’t think the mental edge over us matters anymore. The only player on the pitch that will have played against them for Villa before is Grealish.

I remember Heaton having the game of his life there once. Mings may have played there before too. I don’t think the rest would have played at Old Trafford or against Man U before.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They even battered us under Moyes. Yeah I don't have high hopes about this. Boogey team for us. We never beat them

I feel this. Throughout history, even when we were the best team in the world and they were awful, they have been miserable to play. Definitely our bogey team. It’s the one game I never go into with any hope, however bad they are! But every now and then something happens so hopefully this is one of our rare days we get something from them.

31 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If Grealisu wants to get into the England squad for next year. He needs to dominate these kind of games. 

Has Gareth Southgate told you to say that???

• Like 1

This season UTD have played well against the big boys that have took the game to them, but have struggled against the teams that have sat deep and been organised in defence. 

Fans always want to see their team go toe to toe but I think the best way of winning today maybe sitting in and trying to hit them on the counter.