Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 14 of 38)

zab6359

I think we have a better midfield , its more of a mental battle I think hops the players treat it as any other game  , just like the newcastle game , dont show them any respect and dont allow them to play simply because they ar Man utd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

We won't go above them because of goal difference. Unless we absolutely smash them

Win by 3 like he said and we will. Personally think that’s optimistic as they’ll get a late consolation and we will only win by 2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

When was the last time we did them at Old Trafford? Surely we are due!!!

December 2009 I believe with Gabby the goalscorer.

We have a chance of getting a result. Would feel 'meh' if we lost... happy with a point and positively predicting a slow-jostle in the shower if we win.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

December 2009 I believe with Gabby the goalscorer.

We have a chance of getting a result. Would feel 'meh' if we lost... happy with a point and positively predicting a slow-jostle in the shower if we win.

That Gabby goal win was one of the VERY few I can remember, and I've followed Villa for 50 years.

Since the preeeeeeeeeeeeeeemier league began the results got worse.

Against these nobs we are either horrendously shite or unlucky in the extreme. Would snatch ya hand off for a point.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm targeting a win here. These are shite.

If we sit back and let them try to break us down, we can easily win. If we try to go for it like Sheffield United, we could get done on the counter. Given that United are at home, the onus will be on them. I'm tempted to start Trezeguet for this one. Real selection headache for Dean with Conor and Anwar both playing really well.

• Like 1