Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 14 of 38)

zab6359

31 minutes ago, av1 said:

This season UTD have played well against the big boys that have took the game to them, but have struggled against the teams that have sat deep and been organised in defence. 

Fans always want to see their team go toe to toe but I think the best way of winning today maybe sitting in and trying to hit them on the counter. 

We're very poor at sitting back. Our defense is not made for it.

• Like 3

The front 3 are good and full of pace which will definitely cause problems and the defence isn't too bad but the midfield however is absolutely one of the worst in the league. Fred and Andreas with Mata ahead is not good. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's ok if we are underestimating them. As long as the team doesn't

Shouldn't underestimate them, but we've given the 'big' teams a bit too much respect imo, been psychologically intimidated and lost as a result. It's still just 11 blokes with 60K very quiet supporters. Get at them early and they'll all get nervy.  

• Like 1

Only Liverpool and Man City fill me with dread pre game.  The rest of the teams in this league are beatable on any given day.  Respect them, but no need to fear them.  

Play at our best and we can get something here.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

spacer.png

DS sticking to the same team as Newcastle, you can kinda see why as no one really deserves to be dropped. Hopefully Conor shows he can perform against the bigger teams and puts in another good performance. 

Think I would have liked to see Nakamba play to add that extra bite in midfield. Still it's a pretty strong team and we should get chances today, hope we can take a couple of them.

UTV