Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 14 of 38)

zab6359

Without even considering how good or not United are, we've been the worst away team in the league this season, winning one game in six, losing all the other five and conceding thirteen goals. We might get a result.

• Haha 1

My 4:1 bet stands as normal 200/1. I dont think they are that good.

In a way I am glad its not on TV. Just imagine if it was on and Neville was commentating. We would all need a new TV before half time and too late for Black Friday deals 

Mr Insurance man would be saying "So you say you dropped your pint glass from where you were sitting on your sofa and it landed into the tv screen"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Without even considering how good or not United are, we've been the worst away team in the league this season, winning one game in six, losing all the other five and conceding thirteen goals. We might get a result.

True but Norwich aside every team we have played away this season are currently above United. Our away fixtures have not been kind and we have a lot of teams around us yet to play which hopefully improves our away record. As you rightly point out, it’s currently not good enough. 

United have a game in hand over most teams which if they win they will either go sixth, or fifth if the Sheffield United v Wolves game ends in a draw. Make no mistake about it unless they have an off day it's going to be a very hard game, if we get any kind of result we will have done very well indeed and we shouldn't preemptively detract from that sweet possibility by being too dismissive of them.

Edited by useless

It's strange today. Man United away used to be a fixture that we'd simply write off but this Man United is far from the teams of old. 

Smith and the coaching staff need to get it into the heads of the players that this is not a classic Man United side and that, if we play at our best, we can cause an upset today. 

We scored two at Arsenal and should have had more. We can easily score at Old Trafford. We conceded three at the Emirates but their forward line is better than Man United's so I believe there's hope for us today to get a good result. I just hope the players don't get overawed by walking out at Old Trafford.

Villa win either 1-0 or 2-1 with Jack, John, Tyrone and Tom putting in masterful performances today. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yes, but United post Ferguson have been reliably mediocre. This is as winnable a game for Villa at OT as they come.

Oh I completely agree. Looking at their side if we can nullify Martial and Rashford I think we'll take away most of their threat. They haven't got much on the bench either, though their youngsters look to have potential. 

They've frittered away nearly £1bn on a pretty substandard set of players. We can certainly take them if we're up for it. Hopefully we've learnt from the late goals we've shipped in previous games and can show some resilience today if we take the lead. 

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

13 games into the season and they are bottom half of the table and only 3 points above us.

The table is a bit of a mess at the moment though. If they win today they can go 5th, 6 points behind 4th. The table being so tight means that playing on a sunday/monday instead of a Saturday could see you drop 6 or 7 places before you play if results went against you.

Think we'll end up losing 3-2 late on today

I think we can win the battle in the middle of the park today. We will also create good opportunities to score. They will be a real threat on the break though. This is impossible to call. I don’t think they are as strong a favourite for the win as the bookies are suggesting. It will be very interesting.

Them losing Mctominay is a big, big plus for us. The combination of Pereira and Fred in midfield is the equivalent of our midfield duo of C. Sanchez and Westwood, as you can imagine quite disastrous. Hopefully Mcginn steps up his game today, then our midfield of Hourihane, Nakamba and Mcginn should run that midfield ragged, with Grealish drifting in to the space between midfield and defence.

22 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

The table is a bit of a mess at the moment though. If they win today they can go 5th, 6 points behind 4th. The table being so tight means that playing on a sunday/monday instead of a Saturday could see you drop 6 or 7 places before you play if results went against you.

Think we'll end up losing 3-2 late on today

Yeah, but if we beat them by three clear goals we can go above them in the table.

Come on Villa 🙂

I have a strange feeling we can do this (not the three clear goals but the win).

• Like 1

daaaaamn! I forgot about mata. he's decent. however if he can't get intothe first 11 of that squad on a regular basis he obviously doesn't give that much of a toss and is busy spending the cream up.

It doesn't matter about history this is a good time to get manutd.

The performances against spuds arse and man city first half make me think we can get something.

I'd like to think we had learned a few lessons from the above games and the liverpool defeat. It's got to sink in sometime.

Want that big scalp!

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Going to be a tough game particularly with the pace United have in the break but hopeful we can get something today.

As always, not expecting points off United though. Fingers crossed we perform to our best UTV.

Richardson almost got a 6.0! Must've been his best performance in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Going to be a tough game particularly with the pace United have in the break but hopeful we can get something today.

As always, not expecting points off United though. Fingers crossed we perform to our best UTV.

Gueye as a CAM? 

Image result for jack nicholson laughing gif"

14 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

it's the fact that Sky/BT whoever will spend the entire 2 hours of coverage jizzing all over them like they are best team on the planet.

Leicester/Everton is the TV game today so will be little talk bar score updates or if we cause shock result.