Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/19 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that might be, but we are 16th currently, with 6 tough games coming up.

There are easily 3 worse teams than us in the league. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Some of the comments on here are frankly ridiculous.

Conceedeing second half goals to Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Arsenal is commonplace to all Clubs. Additionally games against these sides will not define our season.

Against sides that matter, in the bottom half, we are doing fine and actually Won with a late winner, rather than lost, against Brighton.

Im proud of that showing against the European Champions and runaway League leaders.

Wolves say hi!  An I don't think they are any better than us at the moment, will be expecting the win next week.

Another thought: why do we never win  second balls or pick it up from clearances? The number of times we clear it straight back to opposition players uncontested is shocking. Wes was the only one consistently going for them, though the ref kept giving every little touch against him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

People as usual are over reacting. Very disappointing to lose in this fashion, but again we competed extremely well and without our talisman. 

We’ve just played the best two teams in the league, one has won every game, often in the dying minutes. That’s why they’re at the top. Yes it has happened to us before this season, but we’re on a very steep learning curve. 

Time and patience required. Before the last two games people were hoping we didn’t get a Southampton style hammering. Support the team!

They're not overreacting. They're in pain, and they let it out there. Very healthy.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys who come on here after a devastating last second loss and calmly analyze the game looking three months ahead - did you watch the game, live with the team?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The issue I have with the ref is that it just gives Liverpool the complete advantage in defending counters when they can make challenges, especially on Wesley, when we are going forward and get everything to go their way. Stops any threat we have. I mean, he only let the boys play when it favored Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

There are easily 3 worse teams than us in the league. 

yeah, on paper i agree, but its seeing out games that will keep us in this league, not whether we are better on paper.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wolves say hi!  An I don't think they are any better than us at the moment, will be expecting the win next week.

I stand by what I said regardless of anyone “ cleverly” dissing our team by finding examples of the contrary.

Teams all over this League and Europe will concede late goals to the sides I mentioned.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Personally I don't think Jack missing made a difference, we always turn up the heat without him.

Are we basically saying with Jack we would have been better......................I doubt it.

Not necessarily, but there would certainly be a higher possibility of a few of those gilt edged chances in and around their box, could/would have turned into goals.

Whether it had been from him, or from a killer pass.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

A good - not outstanding - performance. Didnt think plop were at their best today and we had some great chances that we should have finished. 

Mane committed 3 fouls with no bookings before he dived. Should not have stsyed on the pitch, but of course scores the winner.

Cannot stand liverpool, the jammiest team i have ever seen. EVERYTHING goes their way. Hate klopp too, arrogant t*sser

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Personally I don't think Jack missing made a difference, we always turn up the heat without him.

Are we basically saying with Jack we would have been better......................I doubt it.

We certainly didn’t look too handy without him last season. 

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, on paper i agree, but its seeing out games that will keep us in this league, not whether we are better on paper.

On the contrary results against the top half - which is where we’ve not seen out games- are irrelevant.

Edited by terrytini

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

On the contrary results against the top half - which is where we’ve not seen our games- are irrelevant.

i would agree with you normally, but unfortunately teams like Newcastle, Bournemouth, Norwich, Sheff utd etc have taken points off the top 6 teams, which makes every point we drop even more important.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If we were conceding last minute goals to bottom of the league teams then I would agree. 

Our season won't be defined by games against Liverpool or Arsenal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would agree with you normally, but unfortunately teams like Newcastle, Bournemouth, Norwich, Sheff utd etc have taken points off the top 6 teams, which makes every point we drop even more important.

Not really.

Â