Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/19 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

They're not overreacting. They're in pain, and they let it out there. Very healthy.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys who come on here after a devastating last second loss and calmly analyze the game looking three months ahead - did you watch the game, live with the team?

I get the venting of course. No I didn’t watch it, I no longer have a season ticket after moving to The Highlands. I’m hurting as much as anyone, I perhaps just react differently, I feel I want to protect the club when we’re down. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yes I did and it was a terrific afternoon.

Im calm because we played very well,  could’ve won, and the defeat is less important than the performance.

I'm happy for you mate, but that is not how people on average react. And this is the one and only reaction thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I get the venting of course. No I didn’t watch it, I no longer have a season ticket after moving to The Highlands. I’m hurting as much as anyone, I perhaps just react differently, I feel I want to protect the club when we’re down. 

Fair play mate. I didn't mean to put blame on you or anyone else, but to defend venting. I love to do it myself :)

• Thanks 1

A much better performance than against Man City, even without Jack.  Slackness in last 10 mins cost us any points at all.  Surprised Konsa wasnt brought on for Wes.  They'll learn from it. 

Edited by Humanoid
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Who didn't know it was coming? That's as classic Villa as you get. 

They’ve done it to a lot of team to be fair.  One of the best clubs in the world lost a 3-0 lead to them. We should be proud of the team today. We’ve come a long way.

• Thanks 1

Massively disappointing but we went head to head with the European Champions and probably Premier League Champions elect and were 3 minutes away from beating them.  We looked every inch a Premier League team who were playing them as equals and all this without our best player and Captain. 

But for Hourihane passing to Wes instead of shooting I have no doubt at all that we would have won. 

UTV 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m seeing the same over reactions from the same people. They **** worked their asses off against the European Champions you ungrateful words removed  

Ungrateful🤣?

My observations....despite a very plucky performance from all our players.

• Thought the 2 wingers had their best game
  • Wes had a go....bit of fire in his belly.
  • Nakamba's performance was encouraging...as was Targett.
  • we struggle with  second balls.
  • That pesky back post....we conceded a header once again.
  • 85 minutes, we are getting so close to holing out.
  • first 45 mins against the 2 best sides and we would have 4 points.
  • yet another loss from a winning position
  • We must be the only club that has VAR checked for Throw ins......just kidding with that, i think......its a disgrace.....we literally can't score now, without a belated decision, its a farce.

Villa did not deserve to come out of that game with no points.....But there are certain aspects of our game need to improve, despite the obvious good bits.....we still give the ball away far too easily.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

They're not overreacting. They're in pain, and they let it out there. Very healthy.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys who come on here after a devastating last second loss and calmly analyze the game looking three months ahead - did you watch the game, live with the team?

Some people are emotional and wear their heart on their sleeves and some are analytical and able to step back and look at things calmly. 

Different types of people. 

• Like 1

Was anyone at fault for their first goal?.....I was disappointed to concede just like the Brighton Goal, once again.

couldn't see from where I was sitting, who was at fault.

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Fair play mate. I didn't mean to put blame on you or anyone else, but to defend venting. I love to do it myself :)

To be honest I would have been “venting” big time at the game. Most of it would have involved references to body parts below the belt! 😀

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

5 minutes? Where from?

There were huge VAR checks in the first half - 4 mins

None in the second, subs yes but 5 minutes?

Jon Moss is a bent word removed.

I agree where the he'll did that come from. Bloody joke.

Thought the ref cost us - it was open season on Wesley - who seemed unable to challenge for the ball with the ref blowing his whistle.

Don't also think the free kick at the end should have been given....the ref played advantage - Liverpool got to have a shot on goal - but because they didn't score - he then gave them the free kick ?

Liverpool weren't great tbh , Mane was lucky to be on the pitch after a second foul...

Quite a big skirmish outside the away end after...

• Like 2

Â