Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/19 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

You could just see it happening. 

Gutted. 

But we have come very close to getting something out of the current Champions of Europe and runaway leaders of the Premier League.

We've come a huge way in 12 months. 

that might be, but we are 16th currently, with 6 tough games coming up.

Fair to say listening to that as I worked away was more than a little frustrating towards the end.  

A bit annoying that we're throwing games away late - but a) we're putting ourselves into theses positions in the first place and b) the comebacks against us are getting later and later into games, so hopefully the work the squad is putting in will start seeing some of these slender leads out.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Man City and liverscum were  always Free hits. Its the Bournemouth, Palace and Arsenal games which rankle with me. That’s 7 points I believe that we should have had. 

They’re all very good teams hovering around the top 5 or 6. Two of them were away. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the issue is, if you just straight up lose games, in a way thats almost easier to take than getting so close all the time and then capitulating in the past 5-10 minutes, it must have a negative mental impact on the players.

I just hope we can catch a win in the next couple of games, our next 6 are Wolves, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester & Sheff Utd, if we dont sort ourselves out we could feasibly not see a win for the next 6 games also, the Newcastle & Sheff Utd games are biggies.

We will win all 6 if the final whistle is blown after 80 minutes.

Agree with most, an I hate Liverplop with a passion, but no doubt they are a great team this season, don't know how to lose and never give up the fight, Man City aren't this good at the moment. So I'll come back down to earth and say we had a great game but the better team won.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

We will win all 6 if the final whistle is blown after 80 minutes.

Yeah but unfortunately it isn't and we consistently keep bottling games.

It's painful and unfortunately entirely expected, it's too regular to be something you can just brush off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

They’re all very good teams hovering around the top 5 or 6. Two of them were away. 

Bournemouth we threw away two goals then dominated the game. Palace we were robbed by VAR. arsenal we won, - Guendouzi fouls our player in the build up to their penalty incident ( grabbing shirt) , Aubameyang’s goal should have been disallowed because they had two men closer than the permitted distance from our wall. And then to top it off Sokratis caught the ball in what was a clear penalty for us. Therefore imo 7 points are missing from our total.

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

People as usual are over reacting. Very disappointing to lose in this fashion, but again we competed extremely well and without our talisman. 

We’ve just played the best two teams in the league, one has won every game, often in the dying minutes. That’s why they’re at the top. Yes it has happened to us before this season, but we’re on a very steep learning curve. 

Time and patience required. Before the last two games people were hoping we didn’t get a Southampton style hammering. Support the team!

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely proud of them, but it's still painful.

If we played like that every week, we win 9 out of ten times in this League, barring City and Liverpool.

I commented earlier in the season that out of the Championship contenders I thought Liverpool were playing the worst (Fluidity wise etc..)

Fastforward to today, and I can legit seeing them being Champions.

They are absolutely relentless, AND have the quality to go with it.

We tried our best, bust simply couldn't match for quality and stamina.

The signs are still good though, but still gutted.

• Like 1

As depressing as it is today, if you told me we would be 3 pts off relegation zone after city and pool 2 weeks ago I might have just taken it. Should try to take the positives from this bring on most of the other teams in the league who we have a realistic chance of beating

• Like 3

So incredibly predictable and depressing 😞. It was a great performance but I am gutted we have nothing to show from that. I just hope we can perform that well against all the teams in the leagues, as there is no point raising our game for the top teams if we can’t see out the games and get some points. 

Wolves away next...Will be a long international break if we get nothing from Wolves!

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Outstanding performance all over the pitch.

Highest praise I can give is we didn’t miss Jack.

Thats a real benchmark now. If we play to that level all season we will comfortably finish mid table.

Personally I don't think Jack missing made a difference, we always turn up the heat without him.

Are we basically saying with Jack we would have been better......................I doubt it.

Â