Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/19 at 23:59

I really could cry.

We were knackered, and the Liverpool press is ridiculously relentless!

A draw I would have taken, but a loss is heartbreaking.

Even worse that there I was looking at us up to 9th in the table.

Now it's just a "this is what you could have won". 😭

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Need to learn how to shut up shop

Should have had two banks of 5  in front of the 18 yard line 

Thing is they are so good at playing between the lines. They've scored in every game they've played this season bar 1 (away to Napoli.)

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Fresh legs.

Would have personally brought off Trez for Hourihane as he was clearly exhausted, but fresh legs made sense.

Totally after the big chance down the left where Hourihane tried to find Wesley instead of shooting Trezeguet was knackered. Not sure who you'd bring on for him, unless you put kodija out wide and keep Wes on maybe

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really could cry.

I did too, so gutted. November 2th and 9th place??  aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Like 1

77% possession and 22 shots at our goal of course liverscum are going to win. We just need to buy better players and now that we are in the prem I believe that they will come. 

And there seems to be a worrying pattern where we lose leads. That comes from the management. Look at Manure under Ferguson, Guardiola’s teams, and now Klopp. It’s not an accident. 

chronic defending from the corner for their winner !!!!!

wtf happened to putting a man on each post when defending a corner?

you do that and they dont score.  it gets cleared and we take a point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really could cry.

Chin up, we will be fine this year, we nearly beat  brilliant Liverpool team. We'll get the wins we need at home to stay up and we keep getting better. Gutting to lose that but bigger picture we're looking better than I thought we would already. We can take a LOT of positives from the City and Liverpool losses.

• Like 2

We attacked well, defended well, and proved to ourselves that we aren't dependant on Jack to make things happen. Deano has worked miracles with this squad in not very long, but for all that I can't understand the subs. JMG was dead on his feet and we took off Luiz who was doing fine, then Kodj for Wes with five minutes left... Mystifying. 

the issue is, if you just straight up lose games, in a way thats almost easier to take than getting so close all the time and then capitulating in the past 5-10 minutes, it must have a negative mental impact on the players.

I just hope we can catch a win in the next couple of games, our next 6 are Wolves, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester & Sheff Utd, if we dont sort ourselves out we could feasibly not see a win for the next 6 games also, the Newcastle & Sheff Utd games are biggies.

Manner of defeat is gutting but there are positives as well as work to do. We competed hard, we are still short of where we need to be but that's to be expected, we're still only just in November. Roll on Wolves.

Also wish they had just gone 2 -0 up early on but we had the joy against Brighton the other week.

Edited by Rodders

Â