The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

13 minutes ago, Xann said:

Ding! The right answer!

I don't think many are aware just how much of the NHS has been privatised by the Tory filth already?

There's no problem stuffing public money into private pockets, it's the Tory raison d'etre.

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

FTFY.

I work in the PFI environment (I'm on the baddie side) and it was Blair who introduced PFI, because we needed hospitals but had no cash to build them entirely - so we mortgaged the hospitals for 30 years, on the premise that after 30 years, when the keys are handed back to the NHS, the hospital is in the same/if not better condition than when it started. 

My Trust is paying private sector for facilities management, cleaning and equipment (Engie, ISS & Siemens).  

From my perspective the Trust are good at pinching the private companies of their "life cycle" pots.  There's more they would like, but obviously the private companies say no to some of the more outlandish things.  I think the gravitas of working for the Trust weighs quite heavily on some of my colleagues, and me.  

My company bought the previous FM company and took 100% of the liability from them, and the NHS have really gone to town on us, getting some rather large 6 figure sums back to their accounts over mismanagement.  There is however, a lot of grey areas.  For example, my company pay for filters to go into the air handling units (AHUs).  To make the filters last longer, thus saving money for us, we put big, chunky filters in.  The flip side is, the AHUs have to work harder to get the same volume of air through, so the Trust pay more for energy consumption.  They've pinned us on that.  There are a multitude of things, and things happen slowly here (project managers go berserk at the speed) but, depending on the terms the Trusts agreed with the banks, some are pretty good, others are woeful (£10m then is £80m but the end of term!).  

But we get hospitals when we wouldn't have.

Difficult to say if good or bad really.  

• Thanks 1

now the election is over can't we close this thread and just go back hurling abuse at anything  remotely Tory related in the other threads ?

this thread kinda seems a bit pointless now 

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

now the election is over can't we close this thread and just go back hurling abuse at anything  remotely Tory related in the other threads ?

this thread kinda seems a bit pointless now 

I dunno, we're running at a new PM and election every 18 months or so.

Safer to keep this running and save on the admin..

Let's see if Johnson can keep his dick out of the direct line Kremlin Fax Machine for a few weeks yet. 

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Difficult to say if good or bad really.  

Another Friday, another Private Members Bill smothered by procedural means.

Last week it was Julie Cooper's bill to provide cheap hospital parking for carers; this week the victim was Nick Thomas Symonds' Off Patent Drugs Bill.

In both cases new MPs found themselves flummoxed by the the arcane rules which govern private members bills.

And they're discovering the hard way that it is not enough to have a worthy cause - they need tactical streetsmarts and committed support from a good number of colleagues to get even mildly contentious legislation through.

The key point about Friday sittings is that there is no time limit on MPs speeches.

Once an Hon Member has the floor they can drone on forever, unless they run foul of the chair for deviation or repetition.

It was this that allowed a group of hardline Tory backbenchers plus the Health Minister Alistair Burt to block Julie Cooper.

BBC

How to drive the NHS into the red and line your chum's pockets.

Make the NHS buy from expensive sources.

It's like the Corn Law all over again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, snowychap said:

And what an utter waste of time that is going to be.

It's nonsense. The government either spends the money or it doesn't spend the money. 'Enshrining it in legislation' is populist bollocks.

Glad you said that because I was going to check whether this happened every parliament or not, I was fairly sure the answer was not

Apparently, Johnson's been doing a little bit of shuffling today.

It seems like Nicky Morgan has been replaced as Culture Secretary by herself only with added fur.

And it looks like he's found some sort of role for Brian Clough:

_96521881_p0563fpz.jpg

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, snowychap said:

Apparently, Johnson's been doing a little bit of shuffling today.

It seems like Nicky Morgan has been replaced as Culture Secretary by herself only with added fur.

And it looks like he's found some sort of role for Brian Clough:

_96521881_p0563fpz.jpg

Apparently the same for Zac Goldsmith.  "People's" Government, stop being ruled by unelected representatives etc.

On 16/12/2019 at 15:26, lapal_fan said:

we needed hospitals but had no cash to build them entirely -

This is a fallacy.  Individual trusts and health authorities may not have had the cash, if it was withheld by the government.

The government could have spent it, and chose not to.

As with all these things, it is a case of political choice, nothing else.

• Like 1

FPTP or not, If the 16 .1 million people who voted remain all voted Lib Dem to try and force remaining then Swinson would probably be running the country now. No need for all the tactical voting crap, Just vote for what/who you want. If enough people feel the same FPTP wouldn't be as much of an issue

Edited by LakotaDakota