Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

Should be a good match. Thoroughly looking forward to it.

"Lion's may be more powerful, but wolves don't perform in the circus"

Respect and pride are independent of power and status.

It's a good thing tomorrow night is all about putting on a show for the crowd.

Lion's win 2-1.

Wolves set to make 10 changes and play the youngsters according to Dailymail.

7 games in 23 days the reason. 

Good opportunity for us to capitalize even thou I'm sure we'll also rotate a bit. 

Hoping to see a strong lineup tonight to see us progress to the next round. It's a chance for some silverware and some excitement for the season.

Rest some players by all means; Heaton, Engels, Guilbert, Targett, Nakamba, Grealish and Wesley.

If we can win this game we progress to the quarter finals where we can potentially face Oxford, Colchester or Everton; all beatable teams on our day. This then set's up a semi final double header where Villa Park will be absolutely rocking.

lineup (1).png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we will make a lot of changes so it all depends on what team Wolves field.
If they field a strong team they will win comfortably. But looking at their fixture list there should be quite a lot of changes so we’ve got a good chance to win this. 

Hopefully we field a relatively strong side as I think Wolves will definitely rest a few players, a good opportunity to go far in this comp.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
Misread the sentence - apologies.
  • Like 1

would like see these line up

Goalkeeper - Steer

Right Full Back - Elmo
Centre Half - House + Konso | Chester
Left Back - Taylor

Right - Trezeguet | Any Youth Winger 
Centre Midfield - Luis + Houriance + Lansbury | Ramsey
Left - El Ghazi | Any Youth Winger

Forward - Davis | Kodjia

I think we will edge win or likely we go for pen shoot out tonight it is will nerve and close games.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

45 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Hopefully we field a relatively strong side as I think Wolves will definitely rest a few players, a good opportunity to go far in this comp.

No worries I can see how it might have sounded.  I just hope we don’t get a Swansea type situation like last season. 

But to be fair we’ve got a decent squad so even with a lot of changes we should be alright.

Have mcginn marvellous kodjia on the bench.

Rest Heaton  Wesley mings and targett.

I'd go

Steer 

Taylor-----konsa------chester/hause----elmo

Trez----hourihane---luiz----lansbury---el ghazi

---------------------------davis---------------

Work with a bunch of Wolves fans, they think they'll most likely play the kids, understandable when you see the games coming up and their injury list. Will be interesting to see how strong a team we put out though.

Jack obviously won't play, Smith has said Davis and Hourihane definitely will, McGinn and Mings could do with a rest really, Engeles has been carrying some kind of knock for a while it seems so you'd imagine he'll be rested, the rest really depends on how strong a team we want to put out.

I find Wolves under Nuno are usually well organised and difficult to break down and then spring quickly on the counter, I'd expect the same tonight, even with much changed personnel they will be difficult to beat and pose a threat. We should be expecting plenty of the ball against a team sitting deep, so it could be a good audition for whoever wants to try filling Jacks boots for the foreseeable future if his injury is worst case. 

• Like 1