January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Possibly relevant information.

I like this but it is predicated on the assumption that El Gharafa paid all their transfer fee up front. Why is their deal for Kodj not spread across the duration of his contract as well? If this was the case and Kodj had a three year deal, we’d be getting 900k per year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I like this but it is predicated on the assumption that El Gharafa paid all their transfer fee up front. Why is their deal for Kodj not spread across the duration of his contract as well? If this was the case and Kodj had a three year deal, we’d be getting 900k per year.

Because that's income. By bringing in an asset who's contracted for five seasons, you get to apportion the transfer fee over the life of the contract. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Somebody might want to doublecheck my math but I believe this means the Iranian Zlatan (I prefer Persian Pele) is 4.07 times better than Jack.

Don't they call people on Instagram with lots of followers Influencers? Does that mean he will be 4.07 times more influential than Jack?

28 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Retaining the Champions League for the third time in a row would not stop some on here moaning.

Yeah, Smith won't keep getting away with these lucky 10 nil masterclasses. Laugh all you like, but I'd take Big Sam now. At least you know where you are with him. Nothing wrong with a good bit of meat and potatoes, relegation avoiding football, to cure your insomnia.

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Brighton paid around £20m for Jahanbakhsh who apart from a couple of decent seasons in Holland would have a similar profile. If we are buying Taremi for a small price then I don't see the problem. Iranian internationals have generally done well in Europe also and would have greater pedigree than the likes of Bowery. He would have been playing in front of 80,000 fanatic Persepolis fans regularly too which should help experience wise.

Lets hope you're right.