January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This was being rumoured way before Ming's injury.

He can cover at Right Back also.

By all accounts either a Right side CB, of Right Back, backup.

As we have also seen, we are only 2 or 3 players away from a quality starting 11.

FTFY ;)

He can cover at RB in the same way that Mellberg or Cuellar could. He's played at RB maybe 5 times in recent years.

Since the 15/16 season he's been a CB

Edit: Sorry JV I edited while you responded

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This was being rumoured way before Ming's injury.

He can cover at Right Back also.

By all accounts either a Right side CB, of Right Back, backup.

As we have also seen, we are only 2 or 3 injuries away from a quality crisis.

Yeah but, that's pretty much true of all our positions, the last one we probably need to have more cover in is our defence. CB and RB are probably are 2 strongest positions compared to the rest of the squad.(I know that ain't saying much, but LB, CM, DCM, our wingers, and Striker situation are all worse)

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Apparently a couple of PL clubs (among them Plop) are looking at Vitesse Arnhem LB Max Clark(e) previously at Hull and with some youth caps for England.

Wonder if we are among them? We need competition for Targett and to get rid of Taylor.

Edited by sne

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we need to get our business done early to take some pressure off of Smith.

Fingers crossed there are signing a lined up as opposed to waiting to the end of the window.

Sod Smith imagine the combined blood pressure of the VT members if we are still doing business on Jan 31st?!! 😰

• Like 1

With Chelsea having their transfer ban lifted, and presumably bringing in a striker to compete with Tammy, I'd 100% be making an approach to loan Giroud. He'll want to make sure he's in the France squad for Euros.

• Like 2

Watford looking at taking Ricardo Rodriguez on loan from Milan for the rest of the season (Milan needs to trim their wage budget I imagine).

He didn't quite live up to his early hype or the form he had at Wolfsburg but would still improve us at LB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

With Chelsea having their transfer ban lifted, and presumably bringing in a striker to compete with Tammy, I'd 100% be making an approach to loan Giroud. He'll want to make sure he's in the France squad for Euros.

Would rather have us take in Batshuayi. He only has a 1.5 years left on his deal, and chelsea will be trying to sell this summer. Batshuayi also will need to showcase himself somewhere to earn a move, so win win for us. If he works out, we can sign him in the summer. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Would rather have us take in Batshuayi. He only has a 1.5 years left on his deal, and chelsea will be trying to sell this summer. Batshuayi also will need to showcase himself somewhere to earn a move, so win win for us. If he works out, we can sign him in the summer. 

Definitely. He did well for Palace on loan last season and is a different sort of striker to Wesley. They might even be able to form a decent strike partnership.

Vida, Bowen and Batshuayi (loan with option to buy) would be good. Still think we'd need a CM now that McGinn is out too. I've seen links to Yari Verschaeren, but can't see that happening as there would be a lot of competition to sign him. 

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Wouldn’t this represent a bad deal for us? He’d be on high wages no doubt and he’d be a bad influence on the dressing room, it’s a no from me

9 minutes ago, poitier said:

Although Giroud would be a massive step up in quality I doubt he can last more than 60-70 minutes, which would still leave us relying on our not good enough strikers to fill in. 

Tbf the limits of wesleys press lasts around 20-30 minutes so sounds ideal