New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Like the look of Calvin Stengs myself.

Good shout ! IĀ mentioned him In theĀ summer as someone with great potential we should be looking at before the bigger clubs come sniffing ....

• Like 1

Vangelis Pavlidis (Willem II) is one for us to keeps tabs on for theĀ future.

20 year old Greek striker who moved from VfL Bochum to Willem II for around Ā£200k in July.

6 goals in 6 Eredivisie games and 1 goal in 3 KNVB Cup Games. He looks promising.

Victor Osimhen (Lille)Ā is another. Signed summer for round Ā£9.5milĀ and looks very good player. Already got 5 goals in 5 games for Lille in Ligue 1

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eredivisie is pretty much a league any half crap striker can score double digits.Ā 

You might be right, as I've personally seen nothing of him, but stats in the eredivisie areĀ so meaningless. It's so weird as well. It's like they don't defend in that league, which is mental considering the amount of great defenders it has developed.Ā 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John said:

A cheeky bidĀ for Erling Braut Haaland ofĀ Salzburg, anyone?Ā ;)

Might as well bid for him and why stop there bid also forĀ  Donyell Malen (PSV) too :DĀ Ā Ā£100mil plus for those two right there

Come on NSWE Board make it happen ;)Ā 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 2

The January window is an historically difficult one to do business in. Clubs don't want to let players go unless they have a replacementĀ and prices go up. I'm assuming Villa management already have players in mind who they think would be available.

• Like 2

right at this moment If Villa arn't out there compiling a short list of january options they have learned nothing and are still readingĀ  from remi garde's textbook for battling the drop..

I'd be on the plane to turkey with a suitcase of cash and a pay as you play contract for daniel sturridge.

Sturridge will more than likely have accomodation family, friends etc in the area therefore more likely to hit the ground running and be lethal on the pitch. rather than a foreign gamble who will fly over and be living in the belfry out of a suitcase suffering from loneliness and homesick, probably wasting his energy with slags off adultwork.

Ā 

It was strikingly obvious what Villa needed last season. A solid keeper commanding centre half and grealish fit. We got all 3 and sucess followed.

To hit top ten in this league is still acheivable. This season it's a 20 goal striker and a winger who can run with the ball and deliver.

I would go for experienced prem players. Andros Townsend should be tapped up right now. he's not getting in the first 11 at palace.

He's already a Villa legend for his urination in Lee Clarkes pond during a team meeting at the managers house.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Wesley has 2 goals in 6 games if he continues this record heā€™ll get 12-13 goals which is respectable total. Only want the right player(s) at the right cost and atĀ the right time ... Hourihane ainā€™t a striker and his goals have beenĀ against in essence a youth team and Crewe . Hardly the calibre of Everton Ā & Ā Arsenal.Ā