New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was reading today about Lille 20 year old Nigerian striker who's come in and scored 7 in 8 games for them this season. Didn't see the game tonight so don't know if he caused Chelsea problems but that seems to fit the profile we like.

Would prefer a more experienced option though.

Yeah I mentioned him on this thread last week Victor Osimhen. He’s a very good player.

On 25/09/2019 at 12:46, Villan4Life said:

Vangelis Pavlidis (Willem II) is one for us to keeps tabs on for the future.

20 year old Greek striker who moved from VfL Bochum to Willem II for around £200k in July.

6 goals in 6 Eredivisie games and 1 goal in 3 KNVB Cup Games. He looks promising.

Victor Osimhen (Lille) is another. Signed summer for round £9.5mil and looks very good player. Already got 5 goals in 5 games for Lille in Ligue 1

@VillaChris my post about Victor Osimhen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Villareport literally just shares Villa related news from other sources to be fair.

Not sure you were about in summer when people kept slating this guy and the same conversation about him passing on Info would keep being repeated. It became a long running joke. 

I’m sad enough to keep it going lol.

• Haha 1

I hope we don't start slipping in to this 20 mill scatter gun approach.

we need strategy ,focus, and good judgment......not panic.

there are players out there like Pukki, mcginn and Guendouzi.....that have cost modest funds.

big money signings put huge pressure on clubs and managers....its tricky.

I am not saying don't spend big.....but its like the lion coming for you and you have one bullet......you simply can't miss......If we spend big, we have to be sure, as sure as you can be.

We have Wes and Keinan......We need pace up front.

I would look at Gayle, with pace and a bit of aggression and tenacity.....depending on fee.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Real apparently looking to offload both Brahim and Mariano Diaz (not related) in January to fund other signings.

Could be interesting options or loans with option to buy.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 12:42, Demitri_C said:

Was about to say he would get sent off at least twice a season.  Good player but will cost us games bad as he has a terrible temper. Stay clear

Really? I had heard that he only had a tiny tempah...:)

• Haha 1

Forget about these kosavan wonderkids who have scored 5 goals in the danish league.........The next transfer windows decides our future. Proven premiership goalscoring experience is crucial. Jesus should be in wes edens office right now on knees with a bielsa style power point presentation.

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Forget about these kosavan wonderkids who have scored 5 goals in the danish league.........The next transfer windows decides our future. Proven premiership goalscoring experience is crucial. Jesus should be in wes edens office right now on knees with a bielsa style power point presentation.

Who would you suggest that you think we'd have a shot at signing? I see this a lot, but I don't think there are half as many high scoring strikers as there were 10 years ago.

Looking at last years list, Mitrovic is the only one I see as being at all realistic and he 'only' got 11 goals.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

premiership goalscoring record counts for nothing. look at torres when he went to chelsea. we just need someone who works hard and gets in the right positions.

and your point around signing players from leagues such as the 'danish league'...southampton signed sadio mane from the austrian league. the gems are out there, playing in the so called lesser leagues right now. we just need to find them.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

premiership goalscoring record counts for nothing. look at torres when he went to chelsea. we just need someone who works hard and gets in the right positions.

and your point around signing players from leagues such as the 'danish league'...southampton signed sadio mane from the austrian league. the gems are out there, playing in the so called lesser leagues right now. we just need to find them.

We did with Engels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

like kenian davis ?😁

he doesnt start because he doesnt score enough.

nope - not like kenian davis...he doesn't score enough because he doesn't get in the right positions either. but i didn't say that we should be playing davis. and the fact that i posted what you quoted in the 'new forward needed' thread probably should have been clue that i wasn't talking about KD

• Like 1

I agree we need a new forward. As we needed another in the summer and I believe we were looking for one, however it must be the right one. A hard worker, pacy, good technique and can also play wide I believe is the blueprint of club (which seems right to me). 

Personally I believe many are getting on Wesley's back prematurely. He does work hard but it's not easy for him. The pace and intensity of the premier league is on a whole different level to what he is used to. Quite simply he is struggling to be in the right place at the right time, whether that's getting on the end of things or in the build up and this was to be expected. Also as a target man the premier league is the hardest league to make a name for yourself. Also 2 goals in 5 is 15 goals for the season form, which would be a good return. 

• Like 1