New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

19 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Forgive me for being naive... but we are tied for 6th in terms of goals scored (even if you knock off 3 goals from that tally given the rout on Saturday, we are top half).

Feels to me like we are doing more than enough up front to stay up. The real question for me is what is missing that we’ve been unable to maintain leads. Is that just experience and time - I think so?

let's knock off the 1 vs spurs too then cause it was basically just a consolation in the end...must put us in bottom half now right? new forward needed!!

in all seriousness, i think we will always ship goals. its the nature of how we play. the intensity throughout the game knackers them out. being unable to maintain the leads has been due to poor in game management (arsenal) and individual defensive errors (burnley). i would say that having a goalscorer to bring on vs burnley we'd have won that game, as we bascially played with 10 men that day. i hope wesley has turned a corner, but the cynic in me says he will be inconsistent in terms of effort. sometimes he'll be up for it, some he wont. we just need that option for when he's not.

21 hours ago, thabucks said:

Can @Villain4Life or any peeps who watch the Scottish premiership advise whether Odsonne Edouard would be a better shout than Morelos if we are looking at that league ? 

i would much prefer Odsonne Edouard to Morelos! 

Odsonne Edouard in my opinion higher potential, better attitude higher work rate. He's also 2 years younger..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patson Daka a 21 year old Zambian International Striker for (FC Red Bull Salzburg) striker could be worth a look for us.

He has impressed me so far this season. 9 in 9 so far in Austrian Bundesliga.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Patson Daka a 21 year old Zambian International Striker for (FC Red Bull Salzburg) striker could be worth a look for us.

He'd probably be a similar price to wesley but he sounds like he could be quality. How has done him the champions league?

12 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Or we could sign their other striker who has scored 17 in 9 ;)

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Or we could sign their other striker who has scored 17 in 9 ;)

Going to be interesting to see where he ends up!!.................................I think dirty Leeds have missed that boat.

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Going to be interesting to see where he ends up!!.................................I think dirty Leeds have missed that boat.

As a Norwegian I would of course love to have Haaland here. As a realist though.....I would really love to have him!

• Haha 1

I believe in Wes, no striker to replace but do think we need another high quality striker and let both Wes and the new man slug it out for the place.

50% ratio so far, can't throw a player out of the striker position on that, it just it will be great to sign another considering the rest we have I don't think can do the job other than Wes.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Well actually not every goal is equal... Routs inflate your goal tally.

Three 4-0 wins with three losses without scoring has the same number of goals as six 2-0 wins. I’d take the latter!

On 07/10/2019 at 17:49, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

(even if you knock off 3 goals from that tally given the rout on Saturday,).

Yes routs inflate a goal tally, which is a bonus as it affects your goal difference, which at the end of a season can have the effect of an additional point . But why would you dismiss goals you have scored in a rout? 

As for winning six  over winning of course you’d take the six wins as would anyone, that’s an entirely different point you are now making (sorry if I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to say).

On 11/10/2019 at 03:21, Gompedyret said:

As a Norwegian I would of course love to have Haaland here. As a realist though.....I would really love to have him!

He'll be snapped up by a bigger team playing CL football next summer I reckon.

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

He'll be snapped up by a bigger team playing CL football next summer I reckon.

Don't know about that. Seem like a long shot to me.

He's playing in a weak league. Would be a bit of a gamble for big clubs. Think Aston Villa would be a good stepping stone for him.

He's being linked to both Manchester clubs.

Manure due to OGS and City due to his dad.

Talk being that Jesus is unhappy about his playing time and looking to move and Haaland is seen as someone with potential who can develop until Aguero can't hold the fine for them.

Think he'd be a very interesting signing for us, but doubt he'll end up here.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He's being linked to both Manchester clubs.

Manure due to OGS and City due to his dad.

Talk being that Jesus is unhappy about his playing time and looking to move and Haaland is seen as someone with potential who can develop until Aguero can't hold the fine for them.

Think he'd be a very interesting signing for us, but doubt he'll end up here.

Pep would throw a player like that out.

Not his type of striker. When did Pep last play a target man?

We all know how his relationship with Zlatan ended.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Pep would throw a player like that out.

Not his type of striker. When did Pep last play a target man?

We all know how his relationship with Zlatan ended.

That wasn't down to him not liking Zlatan or how he played.

It was down to Messi not wanting any competition at the central position. Messi wanted him out and Pep obliged.