New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

Will probably depend on the situation we find ourselves in, a lot can happen between now and January 1st. But if we're still struggling to score I'm sure we'll spend big on someone, a player with an option to buy might be a good idea, as then if the worst happens and we do go down at least we won't be obliged to buy them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's got "return of Benteke" written all over it.

I don’t mind at all, loan with an option to buy. He could re-write his career. Maybe two more seasons here. I know its a wishful thinking, but I saw some of his build up plays against Man Utd and he was ok. I still think him coming here would give him the confidence needed.

I don’t think it would be a wise move to pay 40m for someone, as its either we’re in a bad situation and paying that amount would be a huge risk. Or we’re in a good position which we don’t have to get mugged in a transfer out of our budget. 

I don’t mind buying Benrahma or Bowen though. 

As my post with links to our team stats, showed before I edited it, we also need to do more as a team to help our forwards out, if not it might mean not only having to sign a striker in January but also some other creative players.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

We're still going to need a striker, but I feel that Kodjia can get goals for us in the Premier league in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up being our top goal getter this season 🎆🎇

I’d be amazed. Kodjia seems to be getting better every week he doesn’t play. 

• Like 2

It's not as if he's been rubbish when he plays. He scored nine goals last season in little over twenty games, his minutes to goal ratio is very impressive. You'd think for a club that's had so little in the way of decent strikers for a while now people would be a bit more appreciative of him. Not saying that he alone will be the answer to our problems but him being fit and available will be a big help to us.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's got "return of Benteke" written all over it.

Does it?

He's scored about 3 goals in last two seasons. Also coming up to 30 now so dosen't fit this signing profile we now use.

Would be a very lazy signing and one I wouldn't expect at all. Would mean Lambert would be back as manager aswell. 😉

• Like 2