Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

Kevin friend has history here.

He has now reffed the 2 worst performances I have ever seen.

A few years back at home against QPR was the closest thing I have seen to match fixing, now he does it again.

You really have to ask serious questions about him!

• Like 3

I was watching Soccer Saturday before game and they were slating VAR, mainly because so far it hasn't reversed any bad decisions by the refs. It's only confirmed decisions they have made. This isn't what VAR is supposed to do. 

Anyway, shocking performance only made worse by a shocking ref. Sadly he will be back next week reffing some other game into oblivion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ponky said:

Wasn't Andre Marriner banned from reffing Villa games for some reason? 

For opposite reasons actually. He cant ref our games because he is apparently a Villa fan.

This might work. Instead of filing a complaint, which will do nothing, if we could somehow convince the FA that Kevin Friend is a Villa fan, maybe that would be more effective in keeping him away? 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just wow. Kevin Friend has made Mike Dean look like Andre Marriner.

Something was off during the first half. Fouls were even, but the cards were all going in one direction. Even before the final stoppage time, I had my broom handy and was ready to call shenanigans. The disallowed goal just cemented my opinion that something stinky was happening in Kevin Friend's integrity. With his " performance" over the whole game, he needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

Glad to see MOTD absolutely crucified the ref and VAR.

While I don't see the spastic blow his whistle. I'll accept that as an explanation. However as everyone has seen Cahill absolutely nails him in the box for a blatantly clear penalty. Which absolutely should have been overturned for VAR.

I cannot understand how it hasn't been, all four camera angles show a massive clash of knees and Cahill recoiling because of the massive clash.

How any idiot with that many cameras and time to look at the replays knowing what a **** up it is, DOESNT take any retrospective action is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Kevin friend has history here.

He has now reffed the 2 worst performances I have ever seen.

A few years back at home against QPR was the closest thing I have seen to match fixing, now he does it again.

You really have to ask serious questions about him!

Yeah people keep talking about the Chelsea one which was bad, but it's the QPR one I remember. As you say, absolutely blatant match fixing. No question about it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Of course it was the referee's whistle, what are you suggesting happened? Someone in the crowd whistled and the ref just went along with it? Is there a grassy knoll nearby? :lol:

So it was Lee Harvey Oswald, with his whistle on the grassy knoll that blew it! :detect:  

4 hours ago, Ponky said:

Can someone explain to me whether or not simulation or attempt to deceive a match official is a foul? 

I can't figure out why, even if Jack had dived, Friend stopped play and paid a free kick against us. In other similar situations you always see play go on until there is a natural break in play, then the card comes out. 

They used to do that, but the play was stopped when Wilson at Bournemouth simulated to try to get a penalty against Leicester yesterday. He was carded.

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I feel you are letting this shit call distract you from todays performance. Villa were not at their best against a mediocre Crystal Palace. Hopefully the International break will give Dean Smith time to

get the players on the same page. 

I feel you are wrong. I don't think that anyone on here would dispute that we were not at our best yesterday (in fact, we were quite a distance from it).

Our problem is that a late goal that would have given us a point (whether we deserved it or not) was disallowed because of a howling error by the "so called referee" and that decision was allowed to stand, despite VAR being there to correct obvious errors like this one. We have every right to rant and be livid. ;)    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

For any of you that are interested an evening with Kevin Friend tickets are on sale . The event is at Ilkeston. I can think of a couple of things I’d like to ask him. 

Of course it is. It all makes sense. **** Ilkeston. 

Who the **** voted good and very good for that ref?

In any case, a point would have been daylight robbery. Still concerned about the lack of goals in the team...think we're going to get 2 or 3 clear cut chances at best per game, so need to make sure we take them

Â