Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

didnt see the match, but seems we were a) terrible, but b) robbed?

Amazing that the supposed best league in the world doesnt have a higher standard of refs, and doubly amazed that VAR cant correct that sh**e.

Worrying though, we have Arsenal and West Ham the next two games, whilst also sitting in the bottom 3 (granted only 2 points off 10th).

My main concern is the impact on the team that late goal/draw would have had, after the stupid way the goal was denied, it will probably have a double impact of the loss, then the loss again after they thought they had saved a point, i hope it doesnt cause heads to drop.

i dont want to panic, but it also doesnt look good as of this moment, hopefully we can turn things around?

Its August......... still.

• Like 1

I am not criticising anyone, because I have not seen or heard the game today.

It does seem to be a popular opinion that we played bad and the Ref' had a mare.

I did pick up on a poster saying Jack's reputation proceeds him for going to ground.....maybe this has influenced the Ref....whether it should or shouldn't is another debate.....you have to help yourself a bit,in this world of fine margins.

In American Boxing the judges do tend to lean favourably on assertion and aggression, so the boxer showing all the initiative will get a favourable response from a judge. I think we can learn from that.

It sounds like we was robbed of a point in all honesty....but we had 90 odd minutes.......We cannot rely on one crucial decision to landscape the match.

I will watch MOTD tonight and I may feel different, but we have to have more players scrapping for points.

Edited by TRO

30 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

On the train heading home, and like many others I’m fuming at the disgraceful performance of the referee. Up until we were down to 10 men I never felt we were under any real pressure, and the sending off was the game changer.

The shocking decision at the end very nearly caused a riot, whilst not condoning the trouble that went on at the end the authorities need to demote Friend because he shouldn’t be allowed to get away with inept game changing decisions like we saw today. His performance stunk from the first whistle.

not seen the game robbie.....but would it not have been prudent to take Trez off on the first yellow and put  AEG on?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

not seen the game robbie.....but would it not have been prudent to take Trez off on the first yellow and put  AEG on?

Yep - it was clear we’d get a red today, and Trez was anonymous so it was an option. Hindsight and all that....

The referees’s integrity should rightly be questioned after today. Verging on match fixing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Yep - it was clear we’d get a red today, and Trez was anonymous so it was an option. Hindsight and all that....

The referees’s integrity should rightly be questioned after today. Verging on match fixing.

about as much chance as attempting to **** over mount Everest.

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

There were 4 players on a yellow by half time: Trez, Guilbert, Luiz and Taylor, and the second yellow was on 50 minutes. TBH it was stupid challenge and deserved a yellow, but his first was harsh. The ref was very hard on Villa players and didn’t display the same against Palace. Considering Guilbert played 85 minutes under a yellow on Wednesday there should’ve been no need to panic, and given our luck we could have swapped 3 of 4 at half time and it would’ve been the fourth that got the second card.

Trez was probably the last to be subbed for protection given Taylor, Freddie and Luiz depend on tackling for as their principal function.

ok..explains it.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I still haven't calmed down. It's hands down the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen.

The existence of VAR makes it worse, it's supposed to be there to overturn clear and obvious mistakes. How the **** is that not a clear and obvious mistake.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

The existence of VAR makes it worse, it's supposed to be there to overturn clear and obvious mistakes. How the **** is that not a clear and obvious mistake.

They haven’t got the balls to publicly admit Friend is an incompetent bell end. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Amazingly it has now been confirmed that VAR DID check the incident and decided no action needed to be taken. 

Unbelievable

VAR official was Andrew Madley, which explains it

If the whistle went before the goal was scored, the VAR check can only have been for a penalty. Which it wasn't. This is 100% on Kevin Friend.

VAR is still obviously wank though, because if it doesn't allow THAT to be corrected, what's the point?

(There is no point. It's shit.)

• Like 4

Â