Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sounds like ass covering to me. 

I haven't heard 1 pundit say that grealish took a dive.

What they are saying is VAR reviewed the penalty decision. But couldn't rule whether grealish had took a dive or not !!!

Its gets more farcical by the hour.

VAR could only review the dive / penalty. It couldn't award the goal because the whistle had already gone. This is 100% on Kevin Friend. VAR powerless, and I accept that.

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

VAR could only review the dive / penalty. It couldn't award the goal because the whistle had already gone. This is 100% on Kevin Friend. VAR powerless, and I accept that.

But the statement is saying they only reviewed VAR for the penalty. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The penalty decision nobody at Villa appealed for.

I was talking to some Palace fans earlier and they couldn't see what the problem was because the initial foul was outside the box. It doesn't **** matter, we scored, nobody is complaining it should have been a penalty!

**** the PL.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The penalty decision nobody at Villa appealed for.

I was talking to some Palace fans earlier and they couldn't see what the problem was because the initial foul was outside the box. It doesn't **** matter, we scored, nobody is complaining it should have been a penalty!

**** the PL.

its much forgotten now - but this is why I knew we would lose the POF v Fulham - the london clubs stick together - I seem to recall a blatent stamping in that match. Plus we didn't get ant decisions until we were 1 down. I don't want us to get relegated but hate what the PL has become.

33 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sounds like ass covering to me. 

I haven't heard 1 pundit say that grealish took a dive.

What they are saying is VAR reviewed the penalty decision. But couldn't rule whether grealish had took a dive or not !!!

Its gets more farcical by the hour.

"Ass covering". Correct. Funny how the PL and their compliant parasites in the press are now throwing around "VAR WAS checked for the Villa goal" – totally fudging the two separate issues of the goal and the penalty. By the way, I don't believe a word that any VAR official says after the fact. Last week, during Martin Atkinson's bizarre performance in the Norwich v Chelsea game, they were more than happy to say things about when whistles were/weren't blown or when checks were/weren't referred that completely contradicted the evidence before our eyes. Lies within lies within lies.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes that's what I mean by the dive / penalty. They were able to overturn the decision to a penalty if Grealish was fouled. What VAR couldn't do is "wave play on" retrospectively.

Had Friend just waited 2 seconds to blow the whistle, VAR would have had much more scope to intervene.

Old man Woy has supported Friend on Sky sports news. I didn't like him when he was England manager and I don't like him now.

I'm sure he would have not been supporting the referee, had this decision gone against them. Perhaps he would have been better saying nothing, like he did in the press conference after the defeat that cost him the England job!  😠

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

Old man Woy has supported Friend on Sky sports news. I didn't like him when he was England manager and I don't like him now.

I'm sure he would have not been supporting the referee, had this decision gone against them. Perhaps he would have been better saying nothing, like he did in the press conference after the defeat that cost him the England job!  😠

He's a gobshite. Same after Chris Herd got sent off for sod all against his Albion team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John said:

Having just seen that clip, he says i havent got a view, the ref is best placed and sometimes these things go for you sometimes they dont.

Thats manager speak for yeah we got lucky with that decision

Still Raging.

We weren't good. That's a fact.

But we hung in there despite what was the most awful referring performance I have witnessed - and that was before the sending off and that diabolical decision to deny us an equalizer.

I'm still gobsmacked we had 4 yellows by halftime where serial offenders Milovojevic and Kouyate got nothing.

• Like 1

At the time I thought the ref had blown to give us a penalty .. MOTD seems to suggest that noise wasn’t the ref blowing his whistle ... the plot thickens

still everyone on the planet seems to acknowledge we were cheated so I expect the next ref to make it up to us ...

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â