Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

If the whistle went before the goal was scored, the VAR check can only have been for a penalty. Which it wasn't. This is 100% on Kevin Friend.

VAR is still obviously wank though, because if it doesn't allow THAT to be corrected, what's the point?

(There is no point. It's shit.)

His mistake was to blow immediately. With offsides, they're explicitly told to let the play run so VAR can correct the mistake if necessary.

26 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I still haven't calmed down. It's hands down the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen.

Nor me mate.  I‘ve shouted at the kids to tidy up, which I didn't mean to do and was over the top.  Now I feel even more crap than I already did.  Hate this feeling I get after losing games.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, poitier said:

Robbed of a point we didn't deserve.

Throughout the season there will be times when you deserve 3pts but won’t get them and times when you deserve nothing but get something , today we deserved nothing but should have got a point only for an inexcusable decision by the ref and var , still can’t get my head round the fact that var never corrected refs mistake!

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Nor me mate.  I‘ve shouted at the kids to tidy up, which I didn't mean to do and was over the top.  Now I feel even more crap than I already did.  Hate this feeling I get after losing games.  

Buy a punchbag. It’s the best thing I ever did. The missus couldn’t take it anymore, which is fair enough . 

• Like 1

Well thats 3 or 4 games where we have been "done" by this particular inept referee---evidently he clearly has a problem and dislike for Jack and VILLA----

A formal complaint must be made and a request that he never does officiate or is involved in anyway in any further Villa games,

• Like 3

Scandalous refereeing. So what the ref is saying there is you are not allowed to go down off balance otherwise it's a dive? What an absolute pr1ck!

Perfectly fine goal disallowed, there's no simulation because Grealish has not tried to win anything (free kick, pen), he went down off balance and then played the pass to Lansbury who scored. Surely this decision has to be overturned but as it's Villa it won't be!

We were crap today and didn't deserve anything, ultimately we must improve, but if the referees actually work against us and conspire to stop us getting what legally we were entitled to is basically going to make this a long and hard season. 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

we’re saying VAR can’t be used to allow the goal because the ref blew his whistle, but why can’t it be used to correct the ref missing a clear foul on Grealish in the area to award a penalty?

I can't find it now but there was a tweet from a journalist who'd had it confirmed by the PGMOL that this did actually happen, which throws up another fun VAR issue.

In the woirld cup, wasn't there a penalty given for a foul on Neymar, so whistle blown, that then got reversed? Why can't VAR see it's clearly a goal and oveturn the ref in this case too? I don't get that because the word removed had blown his whistle VAR is powerless to intervene?

Just now, romavillan said:

In the woirld cup, wasn't there a penalty given for a foul on Neymar, so whistle blown, that then got reversed? Why can't VAR see it's clearly a goal and oveturn the ref in this case too? I don't get that because the word removed had blown his whistle VAR is powerless to intervene?

Yep. They checked the Neymar penalty and they (apparently) checked this for a penalty too. But they can't check the goal because Kevin Friend blew for a dive before the goal, meaning it wasn't a goal.

In other words, **** Kevin Friend and **** VAR.

• Like 1

Henri Lansbry's goal was disallowed after the VAR decided that referee Kevin Friend had NOT made a clear and obvious error.

Aston Villa had a 96th minute strike disallowed as they fell to a 1-0 defeat against Crystal Palace.

Friend adjudged that Jack Grealish had dived in the build-up to Lansbury's goal, meaning the ball was dead by the time it had reached the midfielder.

Statement from premier league

Edited by limpid
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Sounds like ass covering to me. 

I haven't heard 1 pundit say that grealish took a dive.

What they are saying is VAR reviewed the penalty decision. But couldn't rule whether grealish had took a dive or not !!!

Its gets more farcical by the hour.

Edited by hippo

Â