Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 22:59

didnt see the match, but seems we were a) terrible, but b) robbed?

Amazing that the supposed best league in the world doesnt have a higher standard of refs, and doubly amazed that VAR cant correct that sh**e.

Worrying though, we have Arsenal and West Ham the next two games, whilst also sitting in the bottom 3 (granted only 2 points off 10th).

My main concern is the impact on the team that late goal/draw would have had, after the stupid way the goal was denied, it will probably have a double impact of the loss, then the loss again after they thought they had saved a point, i hope it doesnt cause heads to drop.

i dont want to panic, but it also doesnt look good as of this moment, hopefully we can turn things around?

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's difficult to imagine Kevin Friend's performance being down to simple incompetence today - surely that level of incompetence can't exist at this level? Any Sunday league ref would have done better with this game - it's difficult not to imagine that his performance was the performance of a man who is corrupt; that it was deliberate, because that has to be more likely than the idea that he could be that bad, consistently, over ninety minutes, doesn't it?

Probably held a grudge going into this game since Lambert reported  him to the FA when he was in charge.  

• Like 2

Right then so VAR does intervene but sees nothing to overturn Friend. Err the push in the back,  leading to another foul, which was AFTER Jack passes. The whistle is in his hand and the ball in the net before it goes.

Something stinks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Jeffrey Schlupp has seen it back and thinks it was a dive.

Tear up his contract Palace, the guy knows nothing about the game he plays for a living.

So Jeffrey Schlupp made a point of accusing Aston Villa's innocent captain of cheating, when all he had to do was say "we abide by the ref's decision". Noted, Jeff. Thanks for that glimpse of your moral compass. See you at Villa Park.

• Like 1

Not that it will do any good, but if we don't make a formal complaint about this, when would we?  It won't change anything for us, but if clubs don't put pressure on, rather than just moan in the media, then that does no-one any good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

We were dog shit, bullied in midfield and never got hold of Zaha or ayew 

But that ref... He was getting panned even before the end, honestly don't know what he saw, 1st nibble was maybe soft, chills is an all **** dayer and Jack still tried to play the ball (successfully) before goi g over

Madnes

still a latent worry I have.

On the train heading home, and like many others I’m fuming at the disgraceful performance of the referee. Up until we were down to 10 men I never felt we were under any real pressure, and the sending off was the game changer.

The shocking decision at the end very nearly caused a riot, whilst not condoning the trouble that went on at the end the authorities need to demote Friend because he shouldn’t be allowed to get away with inept game changing decisions like we saw today. His performance stunk from the first whistle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

still a latent worry I have.

We had no answer for a shoulder barge, couple of them were close to fouls, Mccarthy I think on grealish definitely was but we couldn't match their aggression and looked a bit lost with it at times

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

This was my thought too. Outside of the inexcusable decision at the end, the consistent decisions against us and constant yellow cards were unfair. It truly seemed like the ref was set on ensuring Villa loss from the start.

I din't see the game......but it sounds like we aided him.

Just now, villa4europe said:

We had no answer for a shoulder barge, couple of them were close to fouls, Mccarthy I think on grealish definitely was but we couldn't match their aggression and looked a bit lost with it at times

I didn't see the game......but if we don't get this right, in this league, we will be flirting with relegation......imo We had a problem with this in the championship, with certain teams we faced.....outside a few players, I think its a weakness for us....Mings has helped, of course.

We just have to improve.

No positivity in this thread whatsoever, Palace are established Premier League outfit, anyone expecting us to just turn them over were always going to be disappointed. I didn’t see the game, only watched the bbc final score coverage. There are no easy games in the Premier League and you need to be at it for 90+ mins. Their key players like Zaha and Townsend are always going to be a threat and hard to contain. On final score, it sounded like we were in the game up until they scored even though we had Trezeguet sent off. We need to get this defeat out of our system and on to the next match, in Smith we trust

11 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

The shocking decision at the end very nearly caused a riot, whilst not condoning the trouble that went on at the end the authorities need to demote Friend because he shouldn’t be allowed to get away with inept game changing decisions like we saw today. His performance stunk from the first whistle.

"Thank you for attending this hearing, Mr Friend. We are here to establish if you are the most incompetent Premier League referee of all time, or the most corrupt... What's that? No, I'm sorry, Mr Friend. Those are the only two possibilities."

Of course, far more likely is that we see a circling of the wagons from everyone involved (the Premier League, the refereeing panel, the FA etc.), but those really are the only two possible reasons for that decision. And I know which way I am leaning.

Edited by Five Ken McNaughts

What an absolute steaming pile of shit Selhurst Park is. Like something from the 1950s which has had no investment since despite the riches of London and The Premier League. 

Don't want to discuss their disallowed goal as my head will implode and my brains will run out through my nose, nobody wants that. 

• Like 2

Â