Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I think archers struggles were caused by the anonymity of Buendia and McGinn. They really didn't fill the spaces left behind by Archer on his runs which made him very isolated. And neither really tried to play off of him which is really what let his partnership with akpom shine. 

The one real time we passed around the area and tried to bet the ball to Archer he got a one on one where if he wasn't tripped he probably scores. 

that is another good point. 

Buendia & Mcginn were unable to execute those forward passes, they were either intercepted or over hit.. and we didn't have a lot of possession throughout the game.

The good thing with Archer is that he is very cool and calm and he didn't let those missed opportunities get inside his head.. He showed very good body language during and after the match.

As a whole, I am glad he is part of the managers plans at the moment and given a chance to stake his claim for this season.

Hopefully he gets up to speed with the first team soon and starts banging the goals home. I'm sure it won't be too long before that happens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I watched him play last night.

He is not the type of player to impose himself on defenders like Ollie Watkins..

We are not going to see the robust all action display so it can come across as underwhelming because we are not used to seeing that type of performance from a striker..

If I am being honest, it wasn't his best display and he would get a 5/10 for that performance.

The Fulham centre back pairing was a 17 year old Canadian named Fougerolles & Diop.. It was Fougerolles's inexperience that caused him to concede the penalty..

I really like Archer and I think that he is a big talent..

I think that he should have taken a longer break after the winning the Euro Championship but I guess he was eager to impress and stake a claim in the squad..

He will get plenty more opportunities, games like these are beneficial to his development this season.. BUT it will take him a while to get going I think..

if that is the young right back he went on to have an excellent game iirc

just rewatching the game, tbh i think he just looks like he is trying a little too hard, and by doing so is over thinking, or overcooking things.

A couple of times he had half chances, where normally he wouldnt think, he would just take it, be clinical and bury it, where as in those chances last night he just didnt seem to be able to act on instinct as much, its like he was thinking too much.

Not unexpected tho tbh, he clearly really wants to be in that first team squad, and he's prob just.....trying/thinking too hard at mo, rather than trusting the instinct that got him here in the first place.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

just rewatching the game, tbh i think he just looks like he is trying a little too hard, and by doing so is over thinking, or overcooking things.

A couple of times he had half chances, where normally he wouldnt think, he would just take it, be clinical and bury it, where as in those chances last night he just didnt seem to be able to act on instinct as much, its like he was thinking too much.

Not unexpected tho tbh, he clearly really wants to be in that first team squad, and he's prob just.....trying/thinking too hard at mo, rather than trusting the instinct that got him here in the first place.

Can happen when you're so desperate to impress the manager. So, so difficult to break through these days, the window of opportunity is sometimes a matter of minutes long. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can happen when you're so desperate to impress the manager. So, so difficult to break through these days, the window of opportunity is sometimes a matter of minutes long. 

But if a manager knows his stuff, he'll spot the potential/ability and forgive the (hopefully very short term) nervousness or over eagerness, whatever you wanna call it. And Emery certainly does.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

It’s hard on social media not to become a fanboy advocate for or perennial critic of certain players. Archer and Bailey are two players where I feel like opinions sometimes can’t be easily disentangled from people’s hardened opinions. (I myself am an admitted Bailey proponent.) Cam would benefit from the same patience Ollie got, but Ollie was playing conference league on loan to Weston at Cameron’s age! I think Emery likes young players, but he has a ruthless side, too. Still, he’s going to keep Cameron in the mix this fall. Hasn’t he already said this? Done deal. I don’t believe another forward is coming in any case. He and Jhonny will be vying for second choice. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Archer flattened Joelinton vs Newcastle and sent Lacelles to his arse twice. ..:

And oh how fun it was to witness. Joelinton is one of my least favorite characters in football. Lascelles did best him one on one, too, pretty emphatically. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

28 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

And oh how fun it was to witness. Joelinton is one of my least favorite characters in football. Lascelles did best him one on one, too, pretty emphatically. 

That Vinicius character for Fulham is a chopper as well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As a whole, I am glad he is part of the managers plans at the moment and given a chance to stake his claim for this season.

Hopefully he gets up to speed with the first team soon and starts banging the goals home. I'm sure it won't be too long before that happens.

And he’s got a great and ready made goal celebration too!perhaps we should play the Robin Hood theme over the tannoy when he scores as well?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I mean he got a tackle in success rates in take on situations like that are generally under 50% lower since there was no pass on and sprinting down the wing wasn't viable due to how close he was to the touch line. 

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The run and touch to win the pen - that's what he would give us!

Yeah I didn’t see the game but surprised by the comments saying he didn’t do much when he won a pen…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Does anyone think JPB May have gone above him in the pecking order after this tour?

not sure of the relevance tbh, as they play in different positions.

I wish Archer all the best, but tbh, i dont think he has done much so far in pre-season, hopefully he will relax and bang a few in, over the next few games.

26 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah I didn’t see the game but surprised by the comments saying he didn’t do much when he won a pen…

It sort of just wasn't his day. That's how I see it. He came close to scoring, he just by a whisker went offsides twice in great positions, he missed a pen shot the fulham keeper expertly stopped, etc. You hearing a theme here? Almost but not quite. I think he has earned more chances to prove himself despite a lack of results he himself was clearly frustrated by.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Does anyone think JPB May have gone above him in the pecking order after this tour?

Philo-Gene is not a striker

You're just the guy that says that he is the nine

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â