Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Hasn't played as much as I hoped he would. He needs another loan out to a Championship club in January.

I'm sure he'll get it. We've not had any injuries to our other 5 forwards until Coutinho got injured. So he's not hand much opportunity plus Archer has had injury niggles of his own. 

Feels like we definitely needed him to stay when Gerrard was here but now I feel confident enough to say that with a proper manager who will play to Ings and Watkins strengths, Cam can go out on loan anywhere, be good if a German club came in for him and played him week in week out. He’s coming back to us a bagsman wherever he goes. Such an exciting prospect and one of our own 💪

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2022 at 15:51, MaVilla said:

defo needs a loan, need to get him firing again and developing.

Not sure I get the clamour for him to go out on loan. He's with the first team, gaining experience and we've only two strikers ahead of him in the pecking order (unless I'm forgetting someone). If Watkins or Ings gets injured, who comes in as replacement if Archer is away on loan? I can see that without competitive football, he's not getting game time but when you balance that against what the club need now, what am I missing?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

Not sure I get the clamour for him to go out on loan. He's with the first team, gaining experience and we've only two strikers ahead of him in the pecking order (unless I'm forgetting someone). If Watkins or Ings gets injured, who comes in as replacement if Archer is away on loan? I can see that without competitive football, he's not getting game time but when you balance that against what the club need now, what am I missing?

If Ings gets injured, Watkins replaces him. If Watkins gets injured, Ings replaces him. The only way Archer plays is if both get injured at the same time, which to my knowledge has never happened once since Ings has signed for us.

On 01/12/2022 at 13:07, Laughable Chimp said:

If Ings gets injured, Watkins replaces him. If Watkins gets injured, Ings replaces him. The only way Archer plays is if both get injured at the same time, which to my knowledge has never happened once since Ings has signed for us.

That's sound logic

The problem was our brilliant manager at the time didn't know if he was going to play 1 or 2 strikers in the summer

If it was 2 then having archer as the 3rd choice to come in for an injured or tired striker made perfect sense -  instead our brilliant manager subbed on Bailey and played him out of position

• Like 2

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's sound logic

The problem was our brilliant manager at the time didn't know if he was going to play 1 or 2 strikers in the summer

If it was 2 then having archer as the 3rd choice to come in for an injured or tired striker made perfect sense -  instead our brilliant manager subbed on Bailey and played him out of position

Even if we primarily played with 2 strikers, Archer likely won’t play. What will probably happen is that we’ll just shift to a one striker formation instead and that extra striker spot becomes an extra winger/attacking midfield spot. I mean, that’s how we line up whenever we go for a one striker formation.

Archer isn’t just competing with the strikers, he’s competing with the likes of Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho and Ramsey. And that was never a competition he was likely to win. 

It was obvious he was never going to get much game time regardless. Not unless he somehow scores in the few minutes he gets at the end of every match and parlays that into a starting position and continues to maintain his form. And I’ve seen Davis try to do that enough times to know that its unlikely to happen.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Wasted half a season, lost his place in the England u21 squad. Lost his goalscoring form 

Shocking decision from Gerrard & who ever else in charge of these decisions 

Said before the shocking thing from Gerrard is he couldn't tell those who made those decisions if he was going with 2 up top or 1

Expect the club to get it right this Jan

• Like 1

Â