Cameron Archer

Zatman

19 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Also does anyone know for a fact when his date of birth is? Because there's conflicting accounts on it online.

https://allfamousbirthday.com/cameron-archer/

Look at this link. At the top it says his birthday is 21 July, but then scroll down a bit on the same page and it says his birthday is 9 Decemeber. All the other links I can find says his birthday is either one of these 2 dates.

December 9th, https://www.premierleague.com/players/25281/Cameron-Archer/overview

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Edit: On another note, I was looking at how old Harry Kane was when he broke through because like to use him as an example of a late bloomer who had multiple failed loan spells. I noticed how young he was during these loan spells. He wasn't even 20 years old during his last one with Leicester so he actually isn't a great example of that. He was only 21 when he had his first proper breakthrough with Tottenham.

Droba, Vardy and Ian Wright are better examples of late bloomers. But there is also the counter point of players who didn't pull up trees in their early twenties who went on to be shit.

we just don't know with Cam. He's got a bit of time on his side but he's not ready yet.  I think that's all you can say about the lad.

I wanted us to keep him at the start of the season because we only had Watkins and Ings. Could have been a decent option to try out, it's not as if Watkins or Ings were/are banging in goals for fun but what can you do. 

Bit of a mess that Archer had hit the jackpot, was in the form of his life and banging in goals for fun whether that was our U23 games, Preston or England U21s. Definitely needs to be sent out to the Championship in January though and get playing again.

Sure I read Middlesborough are short of strikers, they played a midfielder up front in their last game?

Transfermarkt says they have 4 strikers on the books, are they all injured or something?

Surprised he hasnt gone to Sunderland as they need a striker now that Ellis Simms has returned to everton.....Archer would have been perfect for them as he has scored regularly in the championship for half a season last year. Would have been a good move for all parties

• Like 1

Middlesbrough have been playing with Akpon who is their leading scorer as a No.10, Riley McGree and Issiah Jones as wide forwards with Marcuss Forss through the middle as the main striker. Archer comfortably gets in that line-up either in one of the wide forward roles, or playing through the middle, I think there's talk that Forss might be leaving as well.

This season Aaron Ramsey has done well playing for coaches that already know him in Smith and Bramley, and similar with Iroegbunam playing for Beale and now Critchley, we might be hoping that Archer going to Middlesbrough with Danks being there will help him in a similar way as well.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Guess this one is happening then. Good stuff, he needs to play football.

Kind of always thought this would be the case.  Was kept about to see if he broke into first team, he hasn't so a 6 month loan in Championship for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Â