Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who da fuq is Lukas Nmecha?

2nd Most deadliest striker in U23 PL football ever. Man City youth product. Scored a goal every 79 mins in PL2.  33 games 26 goals.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

And KKH? Barry? JJ already there.

Buying in these top kids and investing in the academy to produce our own is a great economic model. And exciting.

KKH, Chuk and AJ are the three for me. I also think Archer has the potential to be a PL player. Haven’t seen much of Iroegbunam to comment but doubt Barry will end up a PL footballer. 

We’ve got some great youngsters and Grealish has shown that you only need 1 to come good to massively benefit the club. If two or three breakthrough, well, that’s a game changer!

• Like 2

I think this lad is the real deal and I’ve felt that way for some time.

He is an instinctive finisher and that can’t be taught. No messing about trying to get it on his right foot, he sees the opportunity and takes it. But it’s his all round game and nous in and around the box that really impresses me. 

I think if he carries on like this (and there’s no reason why not), I think one out of Ings and Watkins gets sold in the summer and Archer takes their place. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, By the arse of McGinn said:

I think if he carries on like this (and there’s no reason why not), I think one out of Ings and Watkins gets sold in the summer and Archer takes their place

Yes I'd like to see him given an opportunity. No point loaning out again next season. 

On 05/02/2022 at 16:23, MaVilla said:

good strikers make it look so simple......its the movement and positioning that sets them aside from your average Joe.

This boy has the nose for it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 07:20, Delphinho123 said:

KKH, Chuk and AJ are the three for me. I also think Archer has the potential to be a PL player. Haven’t seen much of Iroegbunam to comment but doubt Barry will end up a PL footballer. 

We’ve got some great youngsters and Grealish has shown that you only need 1 to come good to massively benefit the club. If two or three breakthrough, well, that’s a game changer!

Class of 22'

On 06/02/2022 at 00:58, messi11 said:

2nd Most deadliest striker in U23 PL football ever. Man City youth product. Scored a goal every 79 mins in PL2.  33 games 26 goals.

Sounds great but Vassell was breaking all sorts of records as a youth, scoring 40 odd goals a season etc

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm sure Archer would be delighted to have a career at the same level of Vassell's.

While he has become a figure of ridicule for many Villa fans, 22 England caps and 250 top flight appearances is not to be sniffed at.

I meant more that Nmecha didn't exactly set the world alight despite being great youth. Meanwhile Archer everyone is saying looked like a pub player until a year ago and could be a brilliant striker

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

I meant more that Nmecha didn't exactly set the world alight despite being great youth. Meanwhile Archer everyone is saying looked like a pub player until a year ago and could be a brilliant striker

Yeah, that's fair enough. I agree that youth stats are completely meaningless.

Next season we'll have pretty much like for like replacements for Ings and Watkins in Archer and Davis respectively. Except this time I don't think the other 2 will remain happy warming the bench, so the former 2 really need to be on their toes because on current form, they might just be displaced. Very good problem for Villa to have right now. This time 2 years ago our striking options were Samatta, Baston and an injured Davis.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Haha 1

Nmecha has scored six in fifteen in the Bundesliga this season and two in five in the Champions Leaugue, he's also a full German international, so don't think he's doing too badly. Also scored twenty plus goals in all competitions for Anderlecht last season.

• Like 1

Â