Teams, managers and non Villa players you want to do well

PompeyVillan

Various players and teams around the world for a number of reasons, but in the spirit of the answers so far:

Axel Tuanzebe
Albert Adomah
Tammy Abraham
Glenn Whelan
Mile Jedinak

I'll never forget the team that competed in the play-offs last season. I'm too young to remember a title win but Wembley in May was a high point like I never thought I'd experience. The club could have given them all contracts for life and I'd have been fine with it.

• Like 2

A few ex-Villa, obviously, but other than «my» two clubs I hate most other teams and their players. If they’re a potential rival, they’re words removed. I’m very tribal when it comes to football. I do like St. Pauli and Union Berlin for their club culture, but I don’t follow German football closely, and Lionel Messi’s Barca is a long time guilty pleasure of mine. Other than that, f*** the lot of them :D 

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yep. 

I don't live in Milan, and I've been given no reason to dislike them, so more than happy for them to win in Europe. 

Cool though I just found out recently that Milan fans hate Atalanta as much as Inter

I'm actually disappointed Benteke's career has amounted to nothing since leaving us. Guy was like a god figure to me when he was scoring his 20 goals a year for us. Certainly will be very much in the minority on here in that I wanted him to do well at Liverpool.

What isn't needed is him waking up and scoring again now we'll be in competition with Crystal Palace to stay up.

• Like 1

Andrés Iniesta - probably my favourite footballer.

Gianluigi Buffon - even though I don't particularly want to see Juve and PSG win anything, I'd love to see him lift the CL trophy.

Jürgen Klopp - very difficult to see him at Liverpool, even if they are far less detestable as a club overall than they were when Gerrard, Carragher etc. were there.

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm actually disappointed Benteke's career has amounted to nothing since leaving us. Guy was like a god figure to me when he was scoring his 20 goals a year for us. Certainly will be very much in the minority on here in that I wanted him to do well at Liverpool.

What isn't needed is him waking up and scoring again now we'll be in competition with Crystal Palace to stay up.

I'd say the Achilles injury he sustained here is what ended his chances of going on to becoming a 'top' player.

No one. Not interested in non-Villa.

Oh wait, one exception. I follow the mighty Olof Mellberg's managerial career. I think he will manage our team one day.

Marcelo Bielsa.

Was my favourite manager in the world for a decade until I got acquainted with Dean Smith.

I still hold him in a high regard and hope he gets Leeds back to the PL.

He had the decency to order his players to give us a goal after all the unsportsmanlike shenanigans they showed.

I follow Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga (although about 5% as closely as I follow Villa) so I always want them to do well.

Also take an obvious interest in the Australian players in Europe, particularly in England and Germany so that covers Mat Ryan, Aaron Mooy, Mass Luongo, Mathew Leckie, Brandon Borrello.

But probably more in the spirit of this thread, the one that immediately comes to mind is Juan Mata. Just wish he would leave **** United.

• Like 1

My mates kid who plays for Bolton Wanderers. Went to watch him play the other day against Coventry - he was unlucky not to score having a great effort saved by their keeper. 

I have t o admire their fan base too. Plenty turned out and really backed, what was essentially a youth team. terrible situation that club has found itself in. 

• Like 1

I liked snoddy, was a good player for us and he was another that you could tell enjoyed it here and got what the club is about

But the "come home" "I miss you" stuff on social media is utter bollocks, it sends me the other way and is making me dislike our association with him through no fault of his own 

Â