Teams, managers and non Villa players you want to do well

PompeyVillan

I started this new topic because I'm desperate for Tammy Abraham and Axel Tuenzebe to do well in their careers after their contribution to Villa's promotion last season. 

I also absolutely love Jadon Sancho, what a player. 

I'd like to see Sheffield United do well because I really like Chris Wilder. 

Who do you want to do well? 

In the England, none that I can think of. I dislike and in some cases actively hate pretty much every other side in the League, and through the rest of the pyramid no-one strikes me as particularly likeable.

Same goes for players. I don't really have much ill will to many players (theres exceptions) and I don't begrudge Abraham or Tuanzebe for instance having a crack at their home clubs, but I've no desire to see them be successful.

• Like 2

There’s lots of likeable players even at top sides for how they play or personality - a few mentioned already like David Silva, Mata, Kante - as well as Son, Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Aubameyang. I even don’t hate Salah, Firmino and Mané despite playing for the least likeable Premier League club.

As far as teams go I actually don’t dislike Spurs but if they started winning trophies I don’t know how long that would last.

• Like 1

Don't really follow/support individual players or managers that much.

But I have a soft spot for Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday. Both are top division clubs to me. I'd love to see them get back to being premier league clubs as standard.

I often wonder how much these things go back to who was around when you got into footie, and for us pre-internet types, the names we would read in the league table over and over again.

I picked Heart of Midlothian as my 'Scottish team' at an early age.

I think I'm drawn towards the more interesting non-generic team names.

• Like 1

Â