Said Benrahma

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

It was good enough for Dean Smith,don’t be such a PL snob 

Indeed. Like when kids were getting Adidas Predators and expecting to whip crosses in like Beckham or getting a really expensive guitar as your first and thinking it would help them bust out Hendrix. The most important thing is what you do with what you have and the amount of work you put in. 

Thankfully we put the work in to take Smith from you so his ethics are now here but with lovely tools on top. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

There's nothing to really suggest that this is actually going to happen.

Yeah nothing, apart from all the clues staring us in the face, including:

A Brentford fan confirming his understanding of our interest.

Brentford buying his replacement

Smith knowing exactly what he's capable of and us needing forward options

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yeah nothing, apart from all the clues staring us in the face, including:

A Brentford fan confirming his understanding of our interest.

Brentford buying his replacement

Smith knowing exactly what he's capable of and us needing forward options

Yes but, apart from the clues, apart from the Brentford fans, apart from the Brentford replacements, apart from needing a winger and apart from Smith knowing the lad, what exactly points us to being after him???

• Haha 2

Brentford fans won't know anymore about our interest in him than we will, clubs are buying replacements for players at every club that doesn't meant to say we're going to buy Saïd players, and you could have said all those things about Maupay as well. We may well sign him, but it doesn't look as certain as people are making out.

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

It was good enough for Dean Smith,don’t be such a PL snob 

To be fair, Smith probably would have accepted a move to a job in the Faroe Islands if it meant escaping Walsall! 

To be even fairer, the original poster's point would still be valid even if Villa were a non-league outfit so it's got nothing to do with us being a Premier League club. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Thanks 1

Not sold on Benrahma, but I guess there's nothing to suggest he's much worse than El Ghazi, Jota and Trezeguet. Guess it comes down to our striker purchase really. Plenty of strikers can operate on the right, so in that case it makes sense to put the Benrahma wedge into the striker combo for higher quality. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not sold on Benrahma, but I guess there's nothing to suggest he's much worse than El Ghazi, Jota and Trezeguet. Guess it comes down to our striker purchase really. Plenty of strikers can operate on the right, so in that case it makes sense to put the Benrahma wedge into the striker combo for higher quality. 

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by him.  

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but, apart from the clues, apart from the Brentford fans, apart from the Brentford replacements, apart from needing a winger and apart from Smith knowing the lad, what exactly points us to being after him???

The aquaduct?

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Brentford fans won't know anymore about our interest in him than we will, clubs are buying replacements for players at every club that doesn't meant to say we're going to buy Saïd players, and you could have said all those things about Maupay as well. We may well sign him, but it doesn't look as certain as people are making out.

You said nothing.

• Haha 1

I said that the reasons you stated for us wanting Saïd, you could have also said about Maupay as well before he joined Brighton. Besides, I didn't say that we don't want him, I'm almost sure that we do, I'm just saying that it doesn't look like as much of a done deal as was stated in the Express the other day, if it was, other journalists would have picked up on it by now. I hope we can sign him though.

Â