Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, blunther said:

We're all talking as if it's a done deal... is there any confirmation yet? I don't trust paper bollocks.

Its being reported that he's already flying out to the USA to join up with our squad so safe enough it's a done deal.

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This is likely true for most of our players, with or without buy back clauses.

Yes but with a buy back they can get him back for a vastly under value fee.

Just now, villa89 said:

Its being reported that he's already flying out to the USA to join up with our squad so safe enough it's a done deal.

Since Heaton was simultaneously at the Belfry and in Portugal I'm not trusting enough to believe he's on the plane just yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

We're all talking as if it's a done deal... is there any confirmation yet? I don't trust paper bollocks.

Generally, BBC Sport saying it's happening means it's happening.  But, sure, nothing official yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Yes but with a buy back they can get him back for a vastly under value fee.

But we also purchase him for a vastly under market value fee.  It works both ways.

• Like 1

Very unexpected but exciting move if and when confirmed.

looking at his style of play he will be the near perfect axis for Grealish and McGinn to work off.

also, a shrewd move in giving Wesley a compatriot to assist with initial communication (and also understand Engels knows Wesley from Belgium too!) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Enda said:

Lads, Dean Smith's only job this year is to keep us up.

Shut up with the "oh we might lose him" nonsense, yiz sound like a bunch of heartbroken teenage girls.

Getting him is great news.

You sound like my mom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Don't like this buy back clause one bit, its essentially a loan.

Unless he's shite, they will buy him anyway to turn a profit.

Thought we had moved away from this short term thinking.

I’d be ecstatic with a whole squad of “ glorified loans” if it meant Pep/Man City rated our players so highly that they all ended up there !😉

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm focussing on this season .... It's hugely important.

this. one step at a time.

will Luiz make us stronger in a position that needs filling is the question we should be asking ourselves. Looking at the evidence it would suggest that he will and that is the bottomline for me.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

John Percy is usually very reliable, also BBC Sport are saying it's practically done too.

its Senekot.....

Oh sorry that's Regular not reliable, well, I suppose,it could be both.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Another one who's comfortable with the ball.....is there a pattern emerging at long last.?

I know. When are we gonna sign someone who’s biggest asset is knowing how to put wor boots on!

Â