Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

What if he turns into a £60m player but they find a £90m player who is a world beater and spend the extra? Certainly hasn't flopped but they don't buy him.

Or they want to buy him but get a transfer ban for FFP regulations being broken (definitely possible) and they can't buy him. We sell for whatever we want to anybody and they can't do anything about it.

If he is worth £60m and they buy another one for £90m, they will buy him back for the set price and sell him to someone else...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wouldn't that depend on what the buy back clause is for City? These CL clubs are operating on another level of income. I wouldn't be surprised if the buy back clause was £ 30 million or more. In that case we would double our money? 

I am not a huge fan of being forced into a sale either, but we simply have too many holes to cover in this squad, so this is probably as good a deal as we can get without going on loans without a purchase option. 

That’s my thinking to make it worthwhile for Villa to sign him. Double your money to blood him in the Premiership while cutting through all the red tape.

Its a no lose situation for both clubs and Man City might not want him back anyway if they buy someone else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

And as people have said, City have just signed Rodri, so we either make a profit from a 'loan', or we keep him. No negatives for me!

Well it's not a loan is it, we are purchasing him but with a set buy back price.

I assume the buy back would have a time limit?, not sure exactly how they work.

Remember when we signed Traore from Barcelona that deal also had a buy back option in it.

3 minutes ago, AndFos said:

If he is worth £60m and they buy another one for £90m, they will buy him back for the set price and sell him to someone else...

If there's money to be made yes. That's why I think he's nailed on to go back either next summer or one after.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it difficult to connect with any player who is not really ours.

but he will be ours...am i missing something here? this is a transfer, not a loan as everyone keeps implying. a loan means that they return to their parent club whether they want him back or not (unless a mandatory fee has been agreed). this is just a buy back option, something to cover city's backside if he turns into a superstar. if he 'just' becomes a decent premier league midfielder then city wont bother...they buy superstars, not just decent players. if he becomes a superstar then that would mean he's had a cracking few seasons for us and had a key role in our progression...so he'd end up leaving anyway to a bigger club whether there's a buy back or not.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ponky said:

The buy back may also be a bit of reassurance for the player - that he has not necessarily given up his chances of playing with one of the world's top clubs.

He’ll be joining one of the world’s top clubs, the clause means there’s still a chance he could join one of the world’s richest clubs. 

• Like 2

Very exciting this.

This is not a loan, he is our player. A buyback clause is prudent when a club sells a highly rated youngster. We're not idiots pandering to the whims of Man City.

Pep highly rates him but cant play him yet and Pep is the best there is. Works for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

More I think about this I reckon it might be an obligation type thing. They have to buy him back from us for £20m next summer. Something like that.

We're doing it as a service to get him in and get him a WP.

Man City are decent ally to have tbf

Reported on the beeb, as pere the link below.

Douglas Luiz agrees Aston Villa move and Bjorn Engels also a target

Aston Villa have agreed a £15m deal with Manchester City for Brazil Under-23 captain Douglas Luiz - and hope to complete a £7m move for Reims' Belgium Under-21 defender Bjorn Engels.

Midfielder Luiz, 21, has been on loan at Girona for the past two seasons and has never played for City.

Villa believe he will be granted a work permit despite being denied one at the start of last season.

A deal has yet to be agreed for centre-back Engels, 24, but talks are ongoing.

Luiz and Engels both come on the strong recommendation of Villa sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch.

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

As Mazrim points out, I doubt the new owners would agree to a deal that would see Man City being the main benefactors. We don't really know what the buy-back clause is anyway, it could be as simple as the right to bid for him first or something. 

It will be a set buy back price no doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Didn't Barcelona put a buyback clause in on Adama Traore or am I making that up entirely?

Yes they did have one in place for Traore. They just never wanted him back after his showings here.

the chances of Man City buying him back are low...   He'd have to turn out to be an amazing player, not just an average 7-10th Premier league player.

If he does turn out to be that amazing, then the buyback will probably be £30-50 million. 

Win/win all round. 

Barcelona never activated their buyback clause on Traore after all!

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Maybe Purslow is going to pull a fast one when they come to buy him back..

"£20m? Did you not see the additional '0' on the next page.... The price is £200m Pep"

:trollface:

Maybe they’ll forget to stipulate WHICH Douglas they can buy back..

change Hogan’s name to Douglas Luiz by deed poll, and don’t hand him over until the money is in our bank.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Didn't Barcelona put a buyback clause in on Adama Traore or am I making that up entirely?

You’re right. They didn’t use it because they didn’t need a headless chicken on acid. 

Â